Connors evaluation and the teacher

rachelfran

my son's psychologist gave me a connors form for my son's teacher to fill out -- he has two teachers since he's in an inclusion class... I sent the form to school in my son's book bag with-a note asking them to photocopy the first page so that both of them could complete it ... i neglected to specifically mention that they could put the completed forms back in my son's book bag ...

A couple of days go by and I didn't get the form back so I asked about it yesterday and was told that they mailed it directly to the doctor.... I was perplexed since I don't even recall giving them the doctor's address.... I emailed them to check and got a reply from the Special Education. teacher telling me that he was told that all doctor's forms must be sent directly to the doctor.

I've never heard of this "rule" and I'm wondering if indeed it exists.. Does anyone know?

Thanks

TerryJ2

I agree. I've done several Connor's forms and all have been returned to me directly.
You'll have to get copies from the dr's ofc.

AllStressedOut

Thats what it sounds like to me too.

I had our teacher fill out a form, granted, we're in different states, but he gave it to me to give to the psychiatrist.

Ask the doctor if you can see them.

tiredmommy

I should add that it may not be the teachers in this case. The SD may have this set as a policy. I can just imagine there are parents out there that might alter the responses if given the opportunity.

branbran

I ditto the rest of the responses. My daughter's teacher's have always given the completed scale directly to me. That is odd.
Tiredmommy is probably right, maybe it's the SD and not the school itself. Wierd.

Josie

They probably just felt more comfortable sending it back to the doctor. It might be a good thing. You know they must have been honest, maybe more honest than they would have been if they knew you were going to see it.

My sister had her son evaluated and was very offended at what the teacher wrote. I'm not sure if she said anything to the teacher or not, but it probably would have been better if she had never seen it.

When I had easy child evaluated, the teacher gave the forms back to me. She didn't see much of the behaviour that I was seeing, though, so the form couldn't be seen as insulting.

When we went over the evaluation, the neuropsychologist did share what the teacher had said with me and how it affected the evaluation.

mattsmum

Although I often give the forms back to the parents, the correct procedure is to return the forms directly to the doctor. I assume that is because...

1. The teacher can feel free to be totally honest on the form if she knows the parent isn't going to see it...

2. To insure no one tampers with the responses.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I would have never left my child in charge of delivery of the forms....they never would have gotten there. I wouldn't put too much into the fact that the forms didn't go thru you. I would be happy that they were filled out and returned so that the doctor can get a more accurate assessment of the situation.

susiestar

Roll With It
I, too, would ismply be happy they completed the forms in a short period of time. I have had to be really really ugly a time or two to get these done.

Get a copy from the doctor. Should not be a problem. Just remember, hopefully they were as honest as they could be. So don't shoot them for it.

Hugs,

Susie