Consequences

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by timer lady, Feb 10, 2007.

1. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

kt insisted on going back to Residential Treatment Center (RTC) early today. There is a swimming party tonight & she wants to attend.

However, I reminded her of the rule - go back early from home pass, lose outings & priviledges.

That's not right, mom. That rule has changed.

Took kt back; wasn't worth the argument. ktbug called me a couple of hours ago to scream at me. She wasn't being allowed to go swimming tonight. And she is angry :hammer: Go figure.

Rules are rules, sweetie. I ended up hanging up on the child. Called back to speak with staff.

Oh well, a hard lesson learned. :smile:

2. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

But Mooooooooooooooooom............geesh.........she's HOW old now? She can do what she wants!!!

3. amy4129

amy4129 New Member

Rules are for suckers!!
    Thats a favorite from the 10 yo. Lovely. Sorry you had to bear the drama of her choices.
    Amy

4. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

I think it's safe to say she didn't think this one through. :whistle:

5. amy4129

amy4129 New Member

Rules are for suckers!!
    Thats a favorite from the 10 yo. Lovely. Sorry you had to bear the drama of her choices.
    Amy

6. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

{{{Hugs}}}, Linda. Many big & fluffy {{{hugs}}} to you and husband. :hammer:

7. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Bummer - hope she gets it next time. At least that would show progress.

8. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

Don't you love it when they have to face the consequences for their own actions it is still somehow our fault? My difficult child is a pro at that one.

Good job on handling it so well.

9. Sheila

Sheila Moderator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That rule has changed. </div></div>

Apparently not. lol

Life is tough.... Fingers crossed that the next time she verifies her understanding of rule changes. lol