M

ML

Thank you EVERYONE! I am motivated now to "go back in". Manster and I will make a list of things he will eat that are healthy and contain some protein and fiber to help offset the sugar cravings.

I love you all so much. The support and inspiration I feel today after reading each word here has helped.

About the medications, he's been on zoloft a couple years and the stimulant only since June. We have been considering adding a second dose of stimulant to smooth out the afternoons. I was also wondering about discontinuing the zoloft but it has seemed to help a lot of his Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and anxiety so I'm a bit hesitant to go in that direction. The stimulant has been a godsend. His 6th grade teacher thinks I'm crazy because manster has been one of his best students this year and he isn't seeing AT ALL the things I told him to watch for.

Trin and Sus, your snack ideas are going on my list. And interestingly, manster loves salads. Unfortunately he also loves dressing (Ken's steakhouse Italian, not lite) but I think I can slow him down on that

Love you all,

ML

H

HaoZi

Just so you know, agave nectar is a good replacement for sugar in some things, it settles that sweet tooth craving without spiking the blood sugar so much.

M

ML

I'm going to make my own protein bars. I'll try the acave, thanks Haozi. Manster is sensitive to many things including soy which is in EVERYTHING. I'm actually getting excitied about trying some new things and manster and I are enjoying our brainstorming this morning as we parepare a new grocery list.

H

HaoZi

Try quinoa, it should be in the gluten-free section of the store. It's a grain or legume, you cook it like rice but it doesn't get sticky like rice does. It can substitute for a lot of things and it's high in protein and fiber.

M

ML

Try quinoa, it should be in the gluten-free section of the store. It's a grain or legume, you cook it like rice but it doesn't get sticky like rice does. It can substitute for a lot of things and it's high in protein and fiber.

Will do! Thank you for the suggestion. I will also good some gluten free recipies. I imagine most of our kids have a sensitivity to it, even if not a straightout allergy.