Contacted PO

witzend

Well the Pootie comment cuts to the bone. I'm glad you did what you did. I think you and Janet need to buy some paint, and start shopping (and selling) on Craigslist to redesignate their bedrooms.

I remember being appalled that M expected me to give him a bedroom set so he could take a transitional apartment in the TLC. Huh? You're 17 years old and called me a perpetual child abuser! You don't get the bedroom set you little snot! I sold it on Craigslist and made the room a sewing/dog room. Mandy's treadmill is in there. She loves it!

DammitJanet

LOL...Witz...you actually think Cory HAS anything here? OMG...that is just too rich! I stopped buying/giving him things at age 17. I cant remember exactly how he lost his bed but he did. Then at one point I got a bed off freecycle to have in my "guest" room for when Jamie was coming down and Cory was sleeping on it with Lindsey but Mandy refused to sleep on it so when Billy came back down he took it over...after taking it outside and lysoling it to death. Now they sleep on an air mattress they bought.

The only other stuff in the room is an old couch from my moms house that must be 25 years old she got at the good will. Oh...and a broken computer desk and a broken dresser and a plastic bin. Nothing else.

One day I might redo the rooms but that will happen after I ever get the money to put new wallboard up. I have too many holes in the walls in my house. Some from him, some from me. That end of the house is him.

witzend

Like Vern Yip says, "A can of red paint costs the same as a can of white." I'd toss that second and third hand furniture out and paint the room, holes and all. Or get out the spackle and a putty knife. It couldn't be more than $25 to spackle and paint. Stab that air mattress with a steak knife (not repeatedly, dear) and leave the room bare if you have to. You don't have to refurnish it today, but you can sure as heck empty it today! Painting it would be an inspiration, that first step to your new life as the old you.

Big hugs!

DammitJanet

LMAO....

As much as I would love to just go crazy doing just what you say...it isnt practical. I live in a mobile and the walls are sheet rocked with this stuff that has wallpaper on the outside. Plus they have these strips where the joints meet instead of being finished like a house is. To fix it I have to either put all new sheetrock up over top of the old and properly finish it and then paint or fix the holes as is, and pull down the strips, finish the old sheetrock, and then paint over the wallpaper. Not a fun idea in any plan. We really want to redo the whole house with new board.

I know this was more info that was needed.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Well. I for one do already have happy hour plans... and shall drink a toast to Janet and Star. Or two, or three. :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
MOTEL 6 is for POOR PEOPLE -

I WANT TO STAY AT THE BILTMORE......WE ARE WORTH IT -

AND I'm ORDERING ROOM SERVICE.....then sending the bill to DUDE......