Contest help - just a few clicks

keista

First a note to the mods. I don't think this violates the "no soliciting policy" but if it does, I'm sorry and understand if it gets removed.

I was just sent a link to a contest to win free Photoshop CS5 with free upgrades for life. My friend is an avid online contest player, and does her very best to scope out only legitimate contests.

Clicking through the link and entering your email address enters you in the contest AND if you use my link (as opposed to finding it elsewhere on the internet), I get an additional entry for each of your entries. Normally I wouldn't press for "extra" entries, but it's a software that son has been pining for for years now, and it's crazy expensive, so putting in extra work for extra entries is worth it.

Thanks all!

This is crazy! Photoshop with free upgrades until you die?! :)

Last edited:
R

runawaybunny

Please review this section:
terms of service said:
No solicitations, donation requests or advertisements are allowed in any way shape or form. This includes posting messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any other website, forum, email address, business, social networking campaign, MLM, activity, professional advisor or other entities that you have an affiliation with (ie. no self-promotion). This includes links in your signature.

keista

Cheryl, I did review that. So is a third party contest entry still considered self promotion? I think like a lawyer, so I could argue it either way. I'm *guessing* that since you've seen it and it's still here, that such a contest - since I'm not an organizer or an affiliate of it - is OK?

R

runawaybunny

Your post was brought to my attention by another member. I'm just bringing the section in the TOS about self promotion to your attention.

I don't think like a lawyer... just making sure you are aware that some people are uncomfortable with this.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Umm. I have a question........

I clicked on it to vote. It appears I have "entered" the contest. Is that what was supposed to have happened and does that get you what you needed? And do I have to do all that sharing ect, cuz that part I'd rather not do if not necessary.

keista

Yes, I'm very sorry, in all my excitement, I forgot to say that this is an entry into the contest, and YOUR entry gets me an extra entry if use this link.

All the additional sharing is not necessary.

But yes, the link requests YOU to enter. If anyone is lucky enough to win, the software is worth an easy $500 on eBay. I'm editing the OP.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
ok that's fine. I entered so you should get credited. No sweat, just didn't want to have to do all that sharing. lol :)