Cop cars at school...ptsd

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by buddy, Mar 12, 2013.

1. buddy

buddy New Member

And yet, cops never were called on Q. I just always panicked if I saw them. I was always sure he had fallen apart.

Along with the special needs programs for developmentally delayed kids, this new school has an alc program as well as an emotional /behavioral program. There's always one cop here but I drove up and there were other police cars. I'm happy to say my heart didn't flip out.

I had to do some self talk but I wasn't really worried that it was Q.

I told the woman behind the desk that I was dropping off medications, luckily Q saw me and came over to the door. He took the medications, said thank you, and gave me a high 5... and told me he would see me at 3.

Compared to where we have been this is a great thing. As a small child he would tip over tables when I was at his school. Even in middle school I volunteered in the library, to help work on his learning to accept me when I would be in his school.
    And last year, as you all know, was heck.

I need these moments to help me realize how far we've come.

2. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

Yay Q!
    And double-yay for the Warrior Mom!

You've BOTH come so far!!!

3. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

:yourock:VERY good, for both of you!!!!! I'm high-fiving you, too!

4. Hopeless

Hopeless ....Hopeful Now

High fives all around :)

5. TeDo

TeDo CD Hall of Fame

I know the feeling of that kind of fear. I am VERY happy you were able to talk yourself out of it and even happier that Q reacted to you the way he did. I know how he gets with cops around and glad it didn't seem to phase him this time. You have BOTH come a long ways. More high 5's to you BOTH (and an extra ((((HUG)))) to you!!

6. Calamity Jane

Calamity Jane Well-Known Member

I'm so glad the cops weren't there for Q, and thrilled he gave you a high 5. With all the ups and downs you go through, every "up" is a blessing.

7. StressedM0mma

StressedM0mma Active Member

Yay for Q!!! And Good job to you. Glad he had such a great reaction when he saw you. I am sure the breath you took when it was over was a deep one of relief.

8. Bunny

Bunny Active Member

Woo hoo!! I'm so happy for both of you!

9. buddy

buddy New Member

Thanks, yes you all have come to know me very well!

10. Liahona

Liahona Guest

How wonderful that Q acted so well with you there! Mine are still working on the what to do if mom is in a different setting than expected problem.

11. HaoZi

HaoZi CD Hall of Fame