Corneal Dysplasia and two cornea transplants coming up!!

BusynMember

That's what my husband has. It's genetic and can pop up at any time. Well, it popped up. It is a static condition that won't get better or worse, but right now it's not so good so we are going to see a surgeon who can do the corneal transplant. Yes, corneal transplant. Anybody have one? How long does it take to get a cornea? He needs two new ones.

One thing I've learned about life: The only thing you can guarantee is that there are no guarantees. Last week, eye problems wasn't even on the radar in our house.

Pam

Steely

Wow - so sorry....I wish I knew what to tell to help. Just be careful and find the VERY best doctors out there to do this surgery. Eyes should have the absolute utmost of care.
Hugs.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry. At least it won't get worse and can be fixed. I do not know much about cornea transplants except that they seem fairly common. Sending lots of hugs and prayers taht an awesome top flight surgeon and two perfect match corneas come through ASAP.

P

PatriotsGirl

Well, if it is anything like Lasik it can't be bad! Thank heavens it is that and not something worse!!! I read your other post just before I left work today :(

H

HaoZi

Intense. Haven't they been working with synthetic cornea implants for this? Or am I thinking about lenses or some such?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well Kiddo -

I'm impressed with your calmness! I hope you are able to maintain this level of "OHMMMMMMMMM" throughout this entire ordeal. It's inspiring to say the least. No clue what you are going to face, but you are in my prayers.

Jena

hey i'm glad you got some answers and now know how to move forward. its good it is fixable! eyes are sooo important! you are super calm, good for you!

and yes your right the anything can happen at anytime i guess applies to the good as well as the bad.

((hugs))