Corys really done it now

DammitJanet

As I posted in the Watercooler Jamie came down for the weekend. Whenever that happens invariably Tony and Jamie get out the gun that Jamie bought Tony just to look at it. Boy was everyone surprised when it was missing considering Tony checks the locked box it is in once a week. Somehow Cory jimmied the locks on it.

We finally got the truth out of him and Cory pawned the gun Friday. This is major. Cory is a felon and felons cannot even own or carry a firearm. To even attempt to pawn this was incredibly stupid. When Cory and Tony went down this morning try and get the gun back they were told they cant. With Corys felony's he cannot get the gun out at all. If Tony tries to get the gun out, its considered a straw purchase for Cory and Tony would be charged with buying a gun for a felon because Cory lives at our address. Tony would serve 10 years. Cory is going to end up being charged under that felon with a gun law which carries a 10 year sentence. Jamie tried to go down and see if he could get the gun since it is actually registered in his name from when he bought it as a present for his father a couple of years ago and told them he would take it back to VA until Cory was gone from our home. They said maybe but it would be Tuesday and Jamie cant be here then because he is on emergency duty.

So...Cory is *******.

I really did raise my kids better than this. I guess 2 out of 3 aint bad. I cant help but cry but its not because I feel like I did something wrong but because I cant help but feel this is just so stupid. Why oh why do they do these things.

F

flutterbee

Like I told you, it's one thing for them to go out and mess up their own lives. But, he repeatedly treats you like dirt and steals from his own family. His actions have significant impact on everyone around him. It's incredibly selfish. And he just thinks he's going to walk away unscathed from this. Because he always has.

While I don't hope he gets 10 years on this, I hope he gets something. I know he's your son and you love him, but you can only thumb your nose at the law for so long before it comes back to bite you. He's always looking out for number 1. I say it's time for you to do the same. You deserve some peace.

And, honestly, I'm so angry at Cory for doing this to you and Tony and Keyana that I could just scream.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so very sorry. I was hoping so hard he would make it through in-house detention and get his act together.

Has he said why? he would do this to his father, brother and you? Has he said why he even violated the in-house monitoring??

Sweetie, You DID raise him better and teach him better than this. Hve you talked to the detention guy?

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Hugs.

donna723

Janet, I'm so sorry, hon. As if you didn't already have enough to worry yourself about! It just makes me sick that he would do this to his own family ... again ... after all that's happened. Maybe, ultimately this is what it will take to finally get through to him, painful as it is for everybody. He may have finally pulled something that he can't wiggle out of like he always has. He's been so incredibly lucky in the past.

Like they say, "There just ain't no cure for stupid!"

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
What a heartache, Janet. I'm so sorry. I'm so angry with Cory I could smack him upside the head. What a stupid, stupid thing to do.

Hugs,
Suz

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Sorry for the pain to your family.....it is amazing that they can't think far enough ahead to realize they will be in more trouble with their behavior.......

everywoman

What a dumb, dumb thing to do. But...our difficult child's can surprise us with their idiot stunts all the time. I'm sorry. I know how you feel. You've done all you can and he can't seem to do what he needs to do!!! Hugs. (And the invitation on the watercooler is still on!)

Fran

Former desparate mom
I can't believe Cory would steal from his father. What a disappointment. It was Tony's prized gift from Jamie. Has he no sense of respect?

I can just imagine how hurt you and Tony must feel. It doesn't get any lower than stealing from your parents.

meowbunny

Remember the cartoons where one character would get the rifle barrel and hit the other one over the head and the outline of the head and face would be shown? Well, that's what I would like to do to Cory.

I do wonder about the timing. He knew his brother was coming down. He knew they would look at the rifle. Is he trying to get punished? Prove he is no good just like everyone thinks he is? I know my daughter does stuff like this for exactly that reason -- to prove everyone else right.

Even so, he stole from his father. To make it worse, he stole something precious from his brother. At the very least, he deserves a good, hard kick in the rump. So, is the pawn shop guy going to report him? Is Tony or Jamie? What a stupid situation to be in. I'm so very, very sorry.

DammitJanet

He did it before he found out Jamie was coming down. He must have planned this out on thursday and got the gun out when his dad and I were out of the house at the same time. Probably when I went to therapy...how ironic. Cory is only allowed out of the house because of the house arrest from 8 to 12 which is when he pulled this stunt and Jamie didnt call us to tell us he was coming down here until about 5 or so friday night.

I still cannot understand how Cory thought he was going to get away with this. He was warned once by his probation officer about just carrying one of the shotguns across the yard to put it away. I pulled up the NC law on felons and guns and read it verbatim to him to try and impress upon him the impact this law would have upon his life. Obviously it meant nothing to him. He might as well have walked this gun into a police station or court house and screamed...lookie...felon with a gun!

When you go to get any gun out of pawn they run the FBI background check and he would pop...he had to know that. Stupid, stupid stupid.

Oh well. He has sealed his fate with us, his child, his siblings. He will never live with us again. I will be extremely surprised if they dont haul him off to jail on tuesday when he is supposed to go in the get his ankle bracelet off. But then...maybe they will wait till he goes in on the 8th. I know if I was facing what he has to know is coming...I would either kill myself before then or make a run for it. Actually I know I would kill myself before I would serve ten years...but then I wouldnt have done something so stupid.

I am so depressed. I was teetering on the edge before and this is just about to send me over.

witzend

It doesn't get any lower than stealing from your parents.

Technically, stealing from your parents and then putting them in the position of having to go to jail when they go to retrieve their property would be just a smidge lower than just plain stealing from your parents.

Dammit Janet said:
When you go to get any gun out of pawn they run the FBI background check and he would pop...he had to know that.

Do you think he just thought that no one would ever go get it out?

I have to say, Cory's not a boy any more, he's a man. A selfish, selfish, arrogant man. As hard as it is, to me this would be unforgivable at this point. No amount of words could assure me that he cared one iota about the rest of his family. It's not even like you have to turn him in, he did this to himself.

I'm so sorry...

Janet, as everyone said, it was extremely foolish for Corey to have done that.

I am more worried about YOU.

Please PM me if you need to talk.

All the hugs in the world.

trinityroyal

Janet,

I'm so sorry. Sorry that Cory chose to do something so stupid and selfish. Sorry for your hurting mommy heart.

I wonder if Meowbunny's right. Each time Cory's been facing some major punishment, and he just squeezes out of it by the skin of his nose. So he does something bigger, stupider, breaking an even bigger law. It's like he's playing russian roulette.

I don't wish 10 years' jail time on anyone, but I hope that someone comes down hard enough on him to make him learn from this one.

Big hugs to you.

Trinity

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sending many ((((hugs)))) Janet. I didn't mean to come off flip in my first post. I was just stunned Cory had done something so darn stupid. He knows better. You raised him better.

I wonder if having all this trouble of late roll off his back has got him thinking it's gonna last forever? Somehow, I don't think that'll be the case this time. :(

Last thing you needed was another load of Cory's ****. So sorry, my friend.

(((HUGS)))

It's like he just lives in the minute, not caring about the consequence. My difficult child does the same exact thing, like he has brain damage. Not wanting to hijack your post, I would be too sad all the time if I wasn't detatched completely. The stupidest thing costs these difficult child's so much.

Sad as this is, at least you have 2 other kids. My heart breaks for Cory, and your family, so sorry.

katya02

Solace
Janet, {{{hugs}}}. So sad, so stupid, so frustrating. I hope you and your other family members can manage to take several deep breaths and draw back. But I know it's hard ...