Corys started back to school...

DammitJanet

Ever since Cory lost his job he hasnt been able to find another one so he has been at loose ends. He decided that it would be in his best interest to go back and get his GED and then go for the electrical certificate. I figured it would take him days or weeks to get all this set up but not Cory...he walked in and they tested him and he was all set to start TODAY!!! He took the test the tuesday before thanksgiving...lol.

Oddly enough for a kid who hasnt been in a classroom in years and the last grade he actually completed was 8th...he made perfect scores in 2 areas and only needs to bring up 2 others by a few points.

The biggest problem with this whole thing is that for some reason we have had Keyana full-time for the last two weeks and I have no idea if she is going to be going back to her mom or grandmother anytime in the near future or not. For all I know she lives here now. It seems odd to me that she only spent an afternoon with her maternal family on Thanksgiving and came back here if she isnt living here!

It seems that I am once again raising a toddler full-time. Thankfully this one is NOT a difficult child. Still, toddlers are work...lol.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hope Cory can complete his schooling for electrical certificate. Will be a big boost for him and you too. I can't imagine raising a toddler at my age, I'm just not quick enough anymore....but if love can see you thru, I'm sure Keyana will get lots of that from you....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Good for Cory!!

You know I think I ready somewhere that alot of drop outs usually occur due to boredom more than anything. Maybe that was Cory's problem in school?

This board auntie is proud of the boy! :bravo: And also saying a prayer that he sticks to it! lol

I know I was exhausted on the days I watched Aubrey while Nichole was in school. I don't know if I could keep up with her on a 24/7 schedule. lol

That is a bit odd with the maternal family though. But at least Keyana isn't wanting for attention and love with you.

Hugs

That is really good news for Cory!!! It sounds like Keyana is lucky to have you in her life. It seems a little odd that the mother just left her there without a date to come and get her. It's sad, she's so little and must miss her mom. It's good she has you.-Alyssa

goldenguru

What a great show of maturity and initiative on Cory's part.

Do you think you could ask Cory what the plan is for the baby? Is she living with you? Is this temporary. It would be nice for the baby (and you of course) to know what the 'game plan' is. You're so gracious Janet!!

DammitJanet

Well according to Cory the baby will be staying here half the time. Ok....whatever. It really doesnt much matter to me. I dont mind her being here except that while she isnt a difficult child...she is a toddler and that means she gets into EVERYTHING! Im also soooo sick of Sesame Street I could scream!

I cant wait for Xmas because I got her this computer keyboard to go on my old computer because she wants desperately to get on this one...lol. She is fascinated when I get on this site because of all the smileys...lmao.

However, somehow all the work is worth it when she wakes up in the mornings and grins up at us and kisses us and says "me wuvs u gamma"

goldenguru

However, somehow all the work is worth it when she wakes up in the mornings and grins up at us and kisses us and says "me wuvs u gamma"

:smile:

Isn't that just the whole truth??

My sweet grand daughter doesn't speak yet - but when she gives me one of those toothy grins - my heart melts.

DammitJanet

Well lets not get all mushy over him. Lets remember he still has all these court dates looming and like I have reminded him when he started musing about how to further his education...the prison system had a right nice educational program!

He wasnt amused!

meowbunny

LOL on the right nice prison educational system. But it is good that he is starting now and on his own initiative.

Good luck with the little one. I wonder how long "half-time" is and what you can do when it becomes more than 6 months out of the year. Your plate is so full right now I'm not sure how you do it.

Anna1345

You are so right meowbunny about it being his own initiative! When I was teaching at the college at our last duty station, my best students were always the older ones (non traditional) because they were there for THEM (not mommy and daddy) and they succeeded because THEY wanted to do it for themselves! It is so much better when they choose on their own accord to go back! He can do this!