Cough, cough

Wiped Out

Staff member
That's what I'm doing around difficult child right now. husband bought him some Axe deodorant. He likes to put it on (in large quantity apparently) after P.E.! He showed up at my school today and it was all my student teacher and I could do not to laugh! Seems like such a normal kid thing-except, of course, he won't listen to us about not putting on too much.

I sure hope he has P.E. the last hour of the day, if not I feel sorry for his teachers!:rofl:

klmno

LOL! My son went thru this too. It was worse with body spray. I think after he choked on some other kids doing it he finally got the point. Now, it's old spice stick!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
I feel for you. I HATE Axe! difficult child gets the spray and I swear he uses it as air freshener. Of course, with the condition of his room...not necessarily a bad thing...just overkill with that stuff. Makes my eyes water.

klmno

Does your husband wear something different? Maybe he could help difficult child see that "more mature" men wear a different brand- and in moderation.

B

butterflydreams

difficult child is really into Axe too, right now, I feel as long as he will use it, it is better than not. He has shampoo and body wash too.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Ooh I can't wait until those days!
Love's Baby Soft! Is what I poured all over myself at K's age! GAG

N has a couple of body fresheners from Bath and Body Works, she will squirt herself non-stop. I can smell her from the other side of the house.
I have had to put them up out of her reach. And these do not even smell bad!
It is just too much.

AXE? I have seen the commercial, with the guy pouring water out of his pits!!! Never had the joy of smelling it.

KTMom91

Miss KT used to spray the room, then walk back and forth through the mist. My eyes would water. I finally sent her outside to put on her body spray.

SRL

Funny you should mention it but the kids and I were just having a conversation about guy's deoderant in the car today. I was informed that AXE smells like a word that this software keeps censoring out and that the whole locker room reeks of it. So much so, that everyone's gym clothes come home smelling like it whether they use it or not.

You have my sympathy.

Wiped Out

Staff member
K-I am guessing it is something most boys go through-I hope it is short lived. husband does use something different but difficult child is not interested!

Mstang-It's pretty strong stuff-difficult child is using the spray too-yuck!

Butterfly-difficult child has the shampoo and body wash as well. As you said at least it is something he is willing to use.

T-Come on over to my house-you won't be able to not have the joy of smelling it!

Mary-easy child went through a stage where she sprayed so much body spray my eyes would water like crazy. It seemed like forever at the time, it lasted about 2 years but now she has moved on to something more subtle.

SRL-Too funny that you just had that conversation today! Wish I could get difficult child to not use quite so much of the stuff. It must be popular-he had his first can of the stuff stolen in the locker room-he is being more careful with this one-darn!

LittleDudesMom

difficult child tried AXE about a year ago. He stopped using it because the deoderant just didn't work - imagine the smell of axe and funky difficult child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
wm is totally out of the loop when it comes to deodorant & body wash choices. He just uses what he's given to use ~ thank goodness. Sometimes I appreciate his being "out of the loop" for lack of a better phrase. ;)

I don't know which is worse - difficult child 1 not caring how badly he smells, or the heavy stench of body sprays and lotions coming out of easy child's room... I actually have gotten dizzy just opening her bedroom door... WFEN

SRL

SRL-Too funny that you just had that conversation today! Wish I could get difficult child to not use quite so much of the stuff. It must be popular-he had his first can of the stuff stolen in the locker room-he is being more careful with this one-darn!

I couldn't find the usual stuff and we were talking about the scents. I commented that most of them I checked didn't smell like very masculine scents--not feminine but neither did they have scents that I considered masculine, musky, etc. We decided that they were sort of in between.

And that's when the AXE discussion began. :tongue:

The poor teachers who have these guys after PE. BO might be preferable. :whiteflag:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
difficult child 1 - female - thinks Axe smells wonderful and buys it for herself. I guess that's not too far off of my wearing Drakkar and Brut years ago. But I agree. I think she finally got the hint when she put on perfume in the back seat and I had to pull over because I couldn't breathe. She was late to something (can't remember what) that she REALLY wanted to do because I couldn't drive.

She's been a lot better since then... And likes Febreze for her room, thank the powers that be!

'Chelle

My difficult child uses an Axe stick deodorant, and is very picky about which scent. He doesn't like the sprays etc. so for us it's ok. I only smell it right after he showers, and then mostly if he raises his arms LOL. We have a perfume intolerance running through my family, we get headaches etc. so most stuff I have in the house has to be non-scented or lightly scented.

Star*

call 911........call 911
It was cheaper when Dude lived here at home to buy Axe in the 55 gal. barrels, remove the lid, and dip the child into the vat of Axe.

Also - he likes to wear Mens Polo - and I PROMISE you it can't be WASHED out of clothes. Or aired out of cloth upholstery - I smell it for days and days after he's ridden in the car.

I don't know which is worse - when I wrote here about him being a FUNK and not taking a shower - or finding out that there were such smells and marinating in them.

DF told him very bluntly - DO NOT GO NEAR AN OPEN FLAME

mstang67chic

Going Green
OMG Star! :rofl: Polo! One of the guys at work had a HUGE partial bottle of the stuff in his tool box. (It had belonged to his dad and when the man passed away 2 years ago, the guy put it in his tool box. Not sure WHY but he did) Aaaanyhoo....one day a couple of months ago, he opened his tool box and for some reason the bottle fell and shattered. That whole place REEKED of Polo for a week! (And we're talking a 5 bay service area big enough for semi trucks with a large work area off to the side. Even now, a couple of months later, you can still catch a wiff of it if the wind blows right.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry you all have to go through this. I am SO sensitive to scents that even body lotion can set me into a 3 day migraine. I have an aunt who INSISTS on sending perfume to Jessie "because she is a young lady now" (that was her argument for a $25 dollar jug of Victoria Secret stinky lotion when Jess was FIVE! and she still uses the argument!). She doesn't "get it" that ANY scent used in the HOUSE or worn in on a kid makes me terribly ill.

Jess tried the perfume she got this year twice. Then she decided, on her own, that she would rather have me NOT in bed or barfing for days each time. AND she figured I will NOT outgrow it. So she just put it in the top of a cabinet. I am proud of her.

I do feel kind of bad that my kids each have to use unscented products. Even some shampoos and conditioners cause problems a day later for me. But it is what it is.

I could never be a school teacher.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon-yeah smell of Axe and funky difficult child doesn't sound pleasant!

Linda-I totally understand appreciating being out of the loop at times.

Kathie-Smoke alarms-oh my!

WFEN-When easy child was in middle school she used to have a heavily perfumed lotion and spray-it would bring tears to my eyes! Fortunately, she has learned moderation!

SRL-husband and I were just saying earlier how those poor PE teachers must hate it!

StepTo2-Glad your difficult child is showing more moderation.

Chelle-husband was just saying that when difficult child uses the soap it's not bad-just the spray!

Star-It was cheaper when Dude lived here at home to buy Axe in the 55 gal. barrels, remove the lid, and dip the child into the vat of Axe-ROFL and I totally understand!!

Mstang-Glad I wasn't anywhere near the Polo mess!

Susie-I don't get migraines but when there is strong perfume around me my sinuses start acting up. I've had to move in church before because perfume was too strong.

He rode in the van today with husband most of the way home and difficult child sprayed the stuff in the van. I got in about two hours later and it still stunk!