Coughing All Night...etc.

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by DDD, Apr 24, 2009.

1. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

It's 2 AM and I can't sleep because I have this irritating little cough from post nasal drip I assume. Other than hot tea, broth and lots of water...any ideas
    on getting over this fast?????? :( DDD
  2. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

have you tried any of the OTC medications for it? Fisherman's friend is really good (but the taste is horrid).

3. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

I've never heard of that. What does coughing have to do with fishing? ;)
  4. SRL

SRL Active Member

Coughing is what I do right before I start heaving when I smell fish cooking.
  5. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

I swear by two pillows, a shot of brandy, and two motrin. Sip the brandy. It burns and soothes at the same time. I get the cheap stuff- Christian Brothers. It's my night time miracle drug when I have a bad cold/cough.

6. goldenguru

goldenguru New Member

My grandma used to make us a 'hot toddy' when we had a cough. It was hot tea, lemon, honey and a generous shot of whiskey. Pretty sure the 'magic' ingredient was the whiskey. :)
  7. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Suz, I'm snorting on my screen right now. I misread your reply. I thought it said 'a shot of brandy and two morons.':rofl:

On a more serious note (they don't happen too often for me), you might try taking a decongestant an hour before bed. I have bad nasal drip during the night and for the first hour or two in the morning. That seems to help.

8. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

That would be just my luck, wouldn't it?