Could use a good thought

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
and a prayer or a bead rattle or whatever.

Its 2am and I'm wide awake. Good weekend followed by easy child 2's inability to do her school work, which just riles my feathers to no end. However, husband decided it is finally time to really rock the boat, so I will be taking her evaluation report from her evaluation at the university to school tomorrow and requesting the school team reconvene. So...here goes nothing.

But, a closer crocodile...in 6 hours I'm supposed to have my sinus surgery. I am still very apprehensive. I really dislike the way they have not discussed with my why the recent changes in my sinus problems and I really don't like the fact that they ignored my adverse reaction to an antacid they wanted me to take to fix a problem that didn't exist. I have a HUGE history myself of strange reactions to drugs, and an even bigger family history of it, and they totally ignored it. This surgeon is supposed to be really good, but these things (and my previous experiences that aren't devastating, but weren't "good" or "normal", either) makes me really uncomfortable.

A torn tendon at 15 took over 4 years to heal. 6 weeks after endo surgery, my incision broke open and started bleeding all over the waist of my slacks. When I had both children, I had bleeding for over 12 months straight with each. I was just a couple weeks from having a hysterectomy when it stopped for no apparent reason. I had orthoscopic knee surgery 10 years ago and I still don't have normal feeling in that knee. My c-section went fine, but I ended up with a uterine infection...dunno...just have an iffy history to base it on with a surgeon who pretends rantadine doesn't make some people sick. My whole family has stories like this.

I'm probably just paranoid, and I know I'm rambling. But, if you got this far and can, please send a good thought this way. I've seen the power of this board.

LittleDudesMom

Shari,

It is understandable, given your health history, that you are apprehensivce. But keep the thought that our minds are closely connected to the healing of our bodies!

You have my prayers for a surgery free of complications and a speedy recovery.

Sharon

F

flutterbee

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today.

Update us when you can.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Thinking of you as you handle your health concerns, sending your doctors wisdom and sending you peace.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Fingers crossed - never had anything major going on but am positive I would be stressing out big time if I did.

Marcie

Star*

call 911........call 911
Shari,

I think we've touched on this before about having adverse reactions to different medications that no one else in the universe has ever had. I can not take Rantadine - it makes me throw up, and gives me the trots (trot to the bathroom). Every single time they had prescribed that for me? I got more sick than before I took it. I CAN take Prilosec, but I have had ulcers in the past and don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

It's like that epineprine thing we discussed months ago and the dentist laughing at me until I went into shock TWICE - at getting epineprine - I'm not allergic to the solution or the preservative - I'm allergic to Epi. 1 in a million or more I'm told. (Remember that conversation?)

There are a lot of oddities - like my favorite? I take valium and you can peel me off the walls, my house is organized to the hilt, cleaned and I will even fold my dirty laundry.

Don't dismiss that you are (what I always say I AM NOT A LITTLE WEIRDO) I'm just....unique.

I hope your surgery goes well.....
All my best wishes
Star

SRL

Shari, I hope everything went well today and you'll be on the mend soon.

FWIW, one of my friend's kids is usually slow to bounce back from surgeries and the link and she's done fine with the sinus surgery. I hope your experience will be the same.

Take care and listen to your body in the recovery process.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Hope everything went well. I'm not a 'medications' person either. About the only thing I can tolerate is Allegra. How sad is that.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I just am catching up! I do hope you are doing well... thinking of you. I hope the medications whatever they are are treating you kindly... here is to healing rapidly and smoothly, with no TROTS!!!:nurse::goodluck::wine:

trinityroyal

Sorry I'm so late to this.
Shari, sending good thoughts and healing vibes. Hope everything went well and that you're not having any adverse reactions to anything.

Trinity