Could use the power of the board

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by flutterby, Jun 20, 2011.

1. flutterby

flutterby Fly away!

Earlier this year, I got a letter from SS that my SSDI is being moved to a video conference thing (don't remember the exact name of it). There is such a backlog of SSDI cases, that they moved some to this video conference thing (still with an administrative judge, I'm just guessing the judge is not in Ohio) to try to move cases along. In March, I got a letter that they were going to do another review before giving me a court date, and that they needed more information from me to do the review. The faster we got the information to them, the faster they could do the review.

It took therapist until last week to get the info to my attorney (she's only had the paperwork from the attorney for a year and we spent at least 5 appointments over the last several months going over information it requested, and me asking her at every appointment if it has gone out - sigh). So, now they should have everything they need to do a review.

If you could rattle some beads, say a prayer, do the naked chicken liver dance that they approve me, I would be ever so grateful. I have no idea how long it will take to get a court date - even with it being moved to a video conference - if they deny me again.

TIA.

2. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

You got it Heather!

I'll even get Squirrel & Possum in on this one... :biggrin:

3. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Absolutely!

Saying prayers, crossing fingers, and dancing with panthers that all goes well!

4. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

Rattling beads, crossing appendages, doing all I can for you.

I called SS last week and Dan's appeal should have had a decision by last week, I figured I would give them an extra week or 2, given the agency we are dealing with.

Heather, I hope you get this. You need it.

5. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

I'm a DANCING MACHINE FOR YOU BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK FOR RAIN CLOUDS!!!!!

6. Mattsmom277

Mattsmom277 Active Member

Oh I hope this goes smoothly, it's been long enough!

7. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Heather...mine was done by video conference too. Not that unusual. Kept me from having to drive to Charlotte. My lawyer drove up from Atlanta and we did it in an office in a local bank. I actually had my decision in about two weeks but my lawyer told me as I was leaving the parking lot that he was 99% sure I won because the judge said something to him but I cant remember what it was.

8. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

Pretzeling and rattling for you!

9. Steely

Steely Active Member

Sending many, many positive thoughts your way ..............you deserve this to go well!!!!! And it will..............

10. shellyd67

shellyd67 Active Member

Positive vibes being sent. I hope this all works out for you.

11. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Good thoughts and prayers being sent your way!!

12. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Good thoughts and prayers you get it this time.

13. ML

ML Guest

Adding my prayers and positive thoughts. You deserve this and I believe you will get it.

14. keista

keista New Member

Positive vibes going out to you!

15. flutterby

flutterby Fly away!

Thank you, ladies. I have no idea how long this review will take - I'm hoping not long.

Janet, I'm glad to know that maybe I won't have to drive into Columbus to go to a courthouse for this thing if it goes to court. I don't mind driving into Columbus, but trying to find parking there for court is a nightmare. I assumed it would still take place at the courthouse.

16. SearchingForRainbows

SearchingForRainbows Active Member

Lots of positive thoughts and prayers being sent your way... SFR

17. 1905

1905 Well-Known Member

Good thoughts and prayers being sent your way!