Could you hear my scream all the way to Canada?

TerryJ2

4,000 sq ft house and it lands on MY LEG!!! WHY? WTH! HUGE!!!
I thought it was the dog's tail on my bare ankle and when I looked down ... That was an hr ago and my heart is still racing. (Alas, the bug's heart is no more.) husband ID'd it as "one of those water bugs." Orkin IDs it as a cockroach. Yeah, this type does like water, and we've had a lot of rain in the past month. I think I may have to stoop to spraying. I found one last wk in the same area, between the laundry room and the back door, and another one, dead, in another hallway. I am so paranoid now, I nearly walloped a blueberry that had rolled on the floor.

:scared::surprise:http://www.orkin.com/ask-the-orkin-man/how-to-get-rid-of-sewer-roaches-or-water-bugs/

Last edited by a moderator:

DammitJanet

well I didnt hear you down here...lol. I would use that gel bait they talked about. We have used that before for regular roaches and it works well until they get used to it and become immune. Sounds like you will only have them once in a while so yours wont become immune as likely. I would also get this stuff that comes in a blue sprayer that you can spray your foundation of your house outside. It lasts a long time and should help. I would put that gel bait in places you have seen them. Also you can get those flat sticky mouse pads to see where they are coming in. That gives you a hint.

T

TeDo

So THAT'S what that noise was. I'm not it Canada, but pretty darn close. I am soooooooo glad I have never even seen something like that. Ewwwwwwww.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Our house, my office, the yard, EVERYWHERE...is being taken over by the ding dang Stinkbug. Oooohhhhh, how I hate the things! They're everywhere, trying to find a winter home...they land in your hair and you don't even know it till they fall off. And when you go to get them with a tissue (because you DO NOT want to squish it inside), it leaks it's reek and gaaahhhhhhh, it's so gross. There are a bunch of tissues rolling around outside my back door because I keep finding them and tossing them out. Yesterday, Nala got one and almost ate it.

My niece in law is an exterminator and she said in order to keep them out and away, you need to spray every crack and crevice around the outside of the home...why do these bugs even exist? What is their purpose?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Get a toad. No joke. Put him in your basement or where ever these disgusting things happen to be hanging out the most. You're problem will be solved rather quickly. Works for mosquitoes too.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
We have stinkbugs too. They LOOOOOOVE my house - I dunno what they're after but they're ugly and yucky!!!@

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL IC

You don't have to play with the toad. Just have one of the kids set out a disposable tin pan of water for him every few days.

Really? Toads bother you? They do a wonderful job, plus get all the ones you don't see as well.

StressedM0mma

What is it with the stink bugs this year? They are everywhere! And, we have about a gazillion fruit flies right now too. Ugh. If I had found a waterbug/cockroach I think I would just burn my house down. I hate bugs. Give me the skeevys!

InsaneCdn

Hound... our bsmt has DOGS. Not to mention, my office, the laundry area, and food storage.
And you expect me to share it with a TOAD?

Not happening.
I'll... I don't know what I'll do, but I won't live with bugs OR toads OR frogs OR... even if I have to go live in Antartica.

trinityroyal

Lisa, I'm afraid of pretty much all creatures that have more than 4 legs (and for that matter, several of the four-legged variety).

The idea of getting a toad to deal with bugs -- ick, ick, ICK!
A field mouse got into our house once. I didn't know until that moment that I could fly, but I was up on the back of the sofa so quickly my feet didn't touch any surfaces on the way up.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Squirrel likes to bring us baby field mice. To play with. No injuries, she's very careful.

Possum dispatches them and then brings us the carcass. For dinner, I guess...

DammitJanet

Cats do that. They also like to bring you dead rabbits and snakes. Ugh. We had one cat who brought a live chipmunk into the house when I was a teen. It was like a cartoon as my mom, my poodle and me tried to chase that stupid thing out of the house. Poodle was attempting to be all big and bad until the thing would move and then he would hide behind one of us and cower...lmao.

buddy

OMG I hate bugs. I still get shaky knees thinking of a centipede that ran up my pant leg when I was getting ready in our basement bathroom .....It was 1981!

TerryJ2

Oh, we have those bugs, Trinity ... I didn't know they were called Crane bugs. I thought they were water borne super moquitoes or something!

So, Google, the golden retriever, chewed up the first cockroach bait trap. :( Golden retrievers have the highest amt of squamous cell carcinoma of any breed of dog. Ya think!!!??? They mouth and chew everything!

I have 3 more, taped in corners, vertically, so he won't see them. I hope.

Meanwhile, yesterday difficult child came home and yelled, "THERE's ANOTHER cockroach in the hallway!!!"

No, there wasn't. It was a wolf spider.

"That's pretty big," he said.

Uh, yeah, and it would have been bigger if I had been barefoot! Luckily, I was wearing my huge outdoor sneakers that make me look like a cross between Minnie Mouse and Bigfoot. Poor wolf spider ... (good thing easy child wasn't here. She'd still be screaming).

Hey, as long as they don't climb on me, I'm all into heroism, lol!