Couldn't figure out why

Wiped Out

Staff member
I was feeling so sick yesterday. I had a decent morning, went to church, the health club, walked the dog 3 miles, and mowed the lawn. Then I decided to take a nap. Had a great nap but woke with a bad headache so I took some ibuprofen (800mgs).

That didn't help which is very unusual. I tried eating, thought maybe I hadn't eaten enough at lunch but that didn't take the head ache away. About 6 hours later I took more Ibuprofen-still no relief and now my stomach was feeling queasy on top of it and overall, I just felt like crud.

Decided to go get the morning medications ready so I wouldn't have to do it when I got up. When I was getting them ready I noticed one was empty but that had been empty on Saturday.

That's when it hit me! I hadn't taken my medications that morning. With my Addison's and other endocrine issues that was what made me sick! Never in the 26 years that I have been on the medications have I forgotten for an entire day! Maybe 3 or 4 times I forgot but realized within an hour or so.

It was too late to take the medications without screwing up the morning medications (except for the Hydrocortisone, I did take 1/2 of that). I fell right to sleep and woke up a couple of times with my head still hurting. It is feeling better now but I'm still tired. Can't wait to take my medications this morning (I have to wait til I eat) and to start feeling better.

I hope I never make that mistake again!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Yikes! No wonder you felt so bad. Glad you realized your oversight. Hope you feel better today.
How's easy child? not to steal you thread but I haven't heard you mention her lately. Is she a easy child or a difficult child in training again?

Wiped Out

Staff member
I do feel much better today, still was plagued with a headache this afternoon but am now feeling fine.

Fran-She is still a difficult child in training in some aspects, her moods are all over the place but she does have some good days or at least parts of good days. She may end up in summer school for deciding not to do any hw in American History, currently she has a 37% but it depends on the semester grade not the quarter grade! husband thinks she is almost as bad as difficult child some days!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh gosh! With the way you were talking and the whole nausea thing, I thought for sure you were going to say you were pregnant!

Running to my corner...

Glad you feel better now!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Gvcmom-Stay in that corner-lol! Fortunately due to my very early menopause (21), I never even thought that!!!