couldnt post it in recipes so ill ...

mom23gsfg

post it here.my grandmother used to make the best cakes and they are so easy to make...so try it if you want..

JELLO CAKE
one box strawberry cake mix
2 small boxes strawberry jello
big box vanilla pudding
a small container cool whip

bake cake as directed....let cool
take knife or fork and cut holes in cake
mix jello as directed
pour into holes
put into frig to let set up while its doing that
mix pudding (following the pie directions)
add cool whip to pudding to your tastes
and use it to top with cake
eat (needs to be kept in frig)

mmmmmmmmm :spaghetti:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ohhhhhhhhh, that sounds sinfully delicious!!

And I've already thought of a variation. If you're cutting calaries, you could use the sugar free Jello and pudding. :smile:

I'll have to give it a try.

DDD

I don't bake much but your recipe is going to be an exception to
the rule. Thanks for sharing. DDD

Lothlorien

Thanks Jessica.

So you know why.....The Recipe Forum is an Archived Forum. Recipes are posted here and then every so often, I or an administrator will move them over to the archives. The Archives are read-only

donna723

I make a version of that for Christmas every year, but I never thought of using pudding with it. That sounds really good!

For Christmas I make two white cake layers. Take them out of the pans, line the pans with plastic wrap, then put the layers back in and poke them full of holes with a fork handle or whatever. Mix up one box of lime Jello and one box of raspberry Jello (separately) using about 1-1/2 cups of water instead of two cups like the box says. Pour the lime Jello over one cake layer (still in the pan) and the raspberry over the other and chill until the Jello firms up. When you put it together, frost the top, sides, and between the layers with Cool Whip. It's very pretty for Christmas, and very light - good after a heavy meal.

I don't know what ever happened to the recipe anymore, but I had a really good one for a pudding cake. You could use any flavors but I always used yellow cake and chocolate pudding. Bake the cake in a 9x13 pan (leave it in the pan) and poke a lot of holes in the cake. The pudding was made according to the directions on the box but had a bit of powdered sugar added, about a half cup, I think. Before the pudding has a chance to thicken up, pour it over the cake and go over it with a spatula so it goes down into the holes in the cake. It will fill the holes and make a half-inch or so layer of pudding on top of the cake. Just put it in the fridge for a while ... WONDERFUL!

As you can probably tell, I am very in to the "easy" stuff!

trinityroyal

Oooh. You're making me hungry.
I have white cake and pudding in the pantry...I think tomorrow after work I'm going to go and play in the kitchen and try some of these things out.

(And tell husband and little easy child that, "Oh no, this one didn't turn out so well. I'll just eat it so it won't go to waste.") :wink:

Thanks for posting this Jessica.

Trinity