Couples shower

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
husband and I are going to one tommorow. I have always been to the regular girly showers and have never been to a couples shower. How is it different? Just curious...thanks

beth

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Beth, I was visualizing you buying 2 shower heads and installing them at different heights! :rofl:

Suz

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Beth, it's really a good thing. I've seen it in the "high end" homes and would love to do it in mine but my shower is too tiny in my master bath. If your shower is big enough you should definitely consider it- it will pay off big time if you should ever sell.

Suz

DammitJanet

Are you talking about a couples baby shower? Or a couples bridal shower?

Jamie and Billies baby shower was a couples affair. He also proposed to her there so I dont know what you would call it since that was added in...lmao.

I havent been to many showers so I cant compare so Im not a good one to ask though.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I like the old fashioned bridal shower where it's just women. We laugh more, talk about things we usually would not talk about in mixed company. I like the simple finger foods and punch.

It's just one of those things for me I guess.

Up here they have this thing called a "Jack & Jill" which I suppose is similar to an engagement party, but instead of gifts, it's just a big bash where the guests pay a 'cover' at the door and then that money goes to the couple. I find that sort of 'cheezy', but it's big up here.

More and more people are doing the co-ed thing, so I guess there's no getting around it. Just enjoy. I hope the food is good!

ctmom05

Ohhhhhhhhh, I had an lolololol with this one! As I was browsing thru the topics and saw the subject line for this one - I was thinking like Suz; all I could picture is that mr and mrs catinthehat were bathing together,,,snicker snort.

TerryJ2

LOL! Way To Go, totoro.

We had two couples showers when we were married. People gave us gifts we could share, like Christmas ornaments and tools.

Star*

call 911........call 911
SEE?? THAT'S WHAT I have been SAYING FOR YEARS - and yet - now you are in the corner with me!:redface:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Geez. I'll just walk with my head down to my corner now. I was thinking of a slightly different couples shower.:surprise:

(slinking away)