Court Date Pushed Back

Discussion in 'Substance Abuse' started by AnnieO, Nov 21, 2013.

1. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Belle was supposed to have her final hearing tomorrow... They have pushed it back to January. She called & let husband know a bit ago.

I'm bummed... I was hoping for some sort of closure, for her really more than me - so she would KNOW what was up and make her plans.

2. PatriotsGirl

PatriotsGirl Well-Known Member

So she will remain in jail over the holidays?

3. Hopeless

Hopeless ....Hopeful Now

I'm sorry it got pushed back.

4. AnnieO

PG... Yeah.

5. toughlovin

toughlovin Well-Known Member

This is typical of the court system, my experience is you hurry up and wait and then just get a new date. It is crazy really. Sorry it got put off but heres hoping that being in jail over the holidays will wake her up some more!

TL

6. PatriotsGirl

PatriotsGirl Well-Known Member

That REALLY hoovers. BUT you know what?? It absolutely could be what makes her decide that enough is enough with this path she is on. And once they determine that they don't want that life anymore - there is not much stopping them...

7. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm sorry...but look at it this way, at least you won't be worrying about her whereabouts over the holidays.

8. dstc_99

dstc_99 Well-Known Member

Well that stinks! At the same time at least you know where she is and that she is healthy there.
    :smile:

9. AnnieO

Yeah... Well, it was only a few days before Christmas last year that she really jumped the shark. So...

10. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

At least you will have a drama free holiday season. That may be awful to say but my easy child said last Christmas was the best Christmas we ever had. difficult child was in treatment in another state at the time.

There is just something about difficult child's and the holidays. It seems to turn everything up a notch.

~Kathy

11. 1905

1905 Well-Known Member

Hopefully, this is the worst year of her life. She knows what not to do -learning the hard way. I can only imagine how hard this has been for you as well, hugs.

12. StressedM0mma

StressedM0mma Active Member

I am sorry that her court date was pushed back, but, you will know that she is safe, and maybe being stuck in there of Christmas will wake her up.

13. AnnieO

I have to admit, I'm thinking about putting the tree up early because I won't have to deal with the "don't wanna" drama. LOL!

14. dstc_99

That is so true! For the first time I don't have to worry about difficult child complaining about everything.

15. AnnieO

HMMMM.

She called husband a bit ago... Apparently the OTHER county she and her boyfriend got in trouble in is pulling her.

If she is moved I should get a message from VINElink at least.

16. StressedM0mma

StressedM0mma Active Member

Well, I hope everything sorts itself out. Will it be a good or bad thing if they pull her?

17. AnnieO

I don't know... They DID pull her. Weird, as she has falsification and resisting arrest and nothing else...???

18. dstc_99

So does that mean she is in another county jail now? Does that mean the plea deal is null and void? Im sure your asking the same things but all this sounds kind of iffy now.

19. AnnieO

She's in a different jail. Our county released her on her own recognizance... She was right. Slap on the wrist.

20. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member