Court Date

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by pasajes4, Oct 20, 2015.

1. pasajes4

pasajes4 Well-Known Member

My sons attorney contacted me yesterday. There will be a preliminary hearing Nov. 9th in Waco concerning the abuse he endured while in a juvenile correctional facility.

The judge had to approve the method in which testimony from other inmates could be presented. Many of the juveniles are still incarcerated and due to strict privacy policies, they will not be allowed to be in court.
    They were all moved to other facilities and their statements will be assigned a # and only the judge will know their names. This is being done in order to guard against retaliation by corrections personnel.

In the meantime, my son is doing well. He is working and his boss loves him. The Wal Mart charges were dropped. He is staying with members of his father's family. He has cleaned up his act and still seems happy.
    He has been respectful towards me, and has even taken me out for dinner.

I realize that things can turn on a dime, but for right now in this moment I will embrace the good and continue to love him where he is at. I truly believe that his finding his "missing" piece did more good than the many years of therapy and medications could do. He found his own way without my standing in the background wringing my hands.
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • List
  2. Tanya M

Tanya M Living with an attitude of gratitude Staff Member

and this is a good place to be.
    Thanks for sharing this.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. New Leaf

New Leaf Well-Known Member

This is awesome.

A good affirmation for me to stand strong-to stop wringing my hands.

Thanks so much for sharing.

4. jude-in-nj

jude-in-nj Member

I don't know the back end of your story (will look when I have more time) but this sounds like wonderful news ((hugs))
  5. Childofmine

Childofmine trying to do this thing one day at a time Staff Member

Pas I'm so glad to hear this. Continued hopes and prayers for you and your son. Relax into this day.
  6. nlj

nlj Well-Known Member

I'm so happy for you Pas. x

"He found his own way..."

I love this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. Sherril2000

Sherril2000 Active Member

This is amazing! Thanks for sharing some good news!
  8. PatriotsGirl

PatriotsGirl Well-Known Member

Love!!!! :)
  9. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Pasa, this is an amazing twist of fate. Who would know? I am so glad that your son is working, and that things are moving in the right direction. I'm sending support and strength to get through the hearing and move on afterward. I really hope that it changes things. Good for you two!
  10. recoveringenabler

recoveringenabler Well-Known Member Staff Member

Thank you for the update, I'm happy for you and for your son.
    Saying a prayer for both of you......
  11. Lil

Lil Well-Known Member

I'm glad for you Pasa. You deserve some good news.
  12. dstc_99

dstc_99 Well-Known Member

13. in a daze

in a daze Well-Known Member