Court tomorrow....arghhhh

A

AmericanGirl

Hi all,

Please hold me in your thoughts and prayers. difficult child has court tomorrow at 5:30 (Central time). This is the DUI trial. The one the attorney thinks he may win because the officer made some mistakes which you can see on the dashcam.

I haven't heard from difficult child since Wednesday night when he sent me those texts that sounded a little suicidal. Today, he tried to call a friend of mine (and his) at 3am. Her phone was on silent. From what he told her as well as what I have seen via his Facebook and cell records, he tried to call/message 2-3 dozen people between 3-4 am. He said he was really depressed and wanted to talk. She didn't get any more details. I can only hope he is thinking about his situation.

He was supposed to come over today (no set time) to borrow the computer to take an online exam. I'm not contacting him. It is HIS class, not mine.

However, if I haven't heard from him by lunchtime tomorrow, I will text to see if he needs a ride. Knowing him, without that, he might forget to come to court. My nerves cannot handle the consequences of that right now (nor the fees from his attorney and bail bondsman).

I'm planning on staying out of everything at court. However, if it looks like I might have a chance to sway judge to order treatment, I intend to speak up. I know it won't likely work, but at this stage, I don't see the harm.

I just want whatever is right for him (guilty - innocent - whatever) to happen. Thanks!

exhausted

My thoughts are with you. I hope he found someone to talk to last night. I hope he will come over and just ask for that ride. As for treatment-I hope the attorney will ask for it. But I guess that would kind of blow his attempt to get difficult child off. Try to sleep and relax tonight. ((Hugs))

Nancy

I'll be thinking of you too and hope whatever is best for him happens. I almost hate how we can track them via cell phone records. Sometimes I'm better off not knowing anything.

Sending good thoughts.

Nancy

S

Signorina

{{{hugs}}} Thinking of you and will keep you in my thoughts and close to my heart. You are doing such a great job of being strong for yourself and for all of us. I really have appreciated the gentle strength you've shown. Please update us after court...

I am rooting for you!

:hi5:

Kathy813

Staff member
I'll be thinking of you, too, I hope he cooperates and that he gets the best possible outcome (which would be court ordered treatment in my mind).

Update as soon as you can.

~Kathy

AG: I will be thinking of you and your difficult child tomorrow afternoon, and sending good wishes for you both. Your son is really lucky to have you in his corner, and I hope that someday he will appreciate all you do to help him. Stay strong tomorrow...

A

AmericanGirl

I broke down and texted him. Asked if he knew what time court was tomorrow. He didn't know. Told him he had a paper from them. He texted back later and had found it.

Asked if he needed a ride. No. Said I hoped it went well and I loved him.

No response. Don't dial...or text...pain, I know...was afraid he wouldn't show up for court.

I'm just so tired of being sad and scared. I cry numerous times a day.

It is so hard when you know you have ZERO control or input. He may choose to ruin his life but I cannot allow him to ruin mine.

buddy

Just popping in AG... I admit when I read this I thought, I would have done the same (right or wrong). HUGS... I hope he goes.

T

toughlovin

I too would have called and reminded my difficult child about court... I think you handled it great. I will be thinking of you and your difficult child today.

TL