Court tomorrow, my HOT lawyer!!!! and how to behave in court

BusynMember

Nancy, I think it's so fast because we live in a low population area. She's trying to get a restraining order on me. Like I'd see her on purpose...lol. I've been avoiding all the roads I know her route is on because I don't want to see her bus. At any rate, that's what this is all about.

The purse is not an issue in our courthouse. We don't have any machines that you put your purses through and people take their purses in the courtrooms without them being checked. That's Mayberry, I guess (until something happens in Mayberry, of course). Like other small towns, just for another example, we do not pre-pay gasoline. We pump and pay, unlike in bigger cities where you first pay then pump. But a lot of people are starting to pump and run so Mayberry won't stay Mayberry for very long. Off topic, I know, but it's kind of interesting how our little town still tries to cling to the past, even as the crime rate rises and things change.

Thanks all for the well wishes. After tomorrow I hope to never see her or her bus again and I'm moving on from my job disappointment and enjoying all the cool activities I'm doing now that I couldn't do before when I was working. If I get scared, I'll think of all of you :)

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
Yes, you have Warrior Mom armor that she'll never have :) And it's cool and calm armor, no matter how dented it might get :)

witzend

About what to call the other lawyer, I meant the magistrate or judge if he addresses you. The other lawyer you can just not call him anything or sir. I would just answer his questions period without caling him by a title.

Nancy, MWM says that the hearing will be presided over by another attorney. So, there will be her own attorney; P's attorney (if she bothered to hire one); and the arbitrating attorney. In Oregon we would have called it "Binding Arbitration". Not sure what they call it in other parts of the country. When you agree to go to binding arbitration, the decision of the Arbiter is the same as a court order. In those situations I have just called the attorney by their names. "Mr. Jones", "Ms. Smith", and "Ms. Johnson" (or whatever) will do fine.

Last edited by a moderator: