Court Update!

pasajes4

My son has decided to go to trial because he feels the cop used extreme force when he was arrested. This maybe the truth,but I cannot afford an attorney for a trial. I had one for the hearing where he would have received probation. I found out after the fact that I would qualify for a court appointed attorney. I was told because I had retained one she would have to report to court on the new date.

I was the one who called the police due to son going into a rage and threatning me. I had hoped he would at fifteen learn a valuable lesson. I feel like I get kicked in the teeth no matter what.

DDD

All I can do is send you understanding and caring hugs. I have experienced the juvie court system and as a result lost all my faith in "the system". If he is being allowed to decide his plea (sigh) does that mean he can engage a public defender himself? I know from experience it takes a minimum of $1500 locally to get a private attorney just to show up in Court. I also know it makes you sick to your stomach to realize you can't provide adequate counsel for your child. I remember you, I care and I'll cross my fingers that somehow your son will get help. Hugs DDD

buddy

Our justice system just scares me so much when I hear these stories. I hope he can get his own attorney/or you can arrange for the public defender and that things go ok. Thinking of you!

C

Confused

pasajes4,
I need to read your other post on this, but wanted to say that I agree with you about Juvi courts. I went through it when I was a child because I refused to go to school. Well, they are horrible and getting any court to give immediate information and help is horrible. Hopefully this new lawyer can help you and your son. I hope for the best for you both. :)

pasajes4

Thanks for your replies and support. The court thing is a nightmare. The good thing that has come out of it is that my son's behavior has improved greatly. He needed this experience to see that things are not fair and if he does not want to be treated that way by the police....don't do things to bring them in your life.