Cousin's son (Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD)-ish) got student of the month!!!

buddy

I have shared with you before about my cousin Jayme who blogs about parenting and body image....both issues she struggles with. She is so funny and down to earth and really has quite a huge following now. She is winning awards and making appearances at parenting events etc. Really cool.

So she has a bio child who is sweet and funny and cute... and she has a step son that is HER son, who came into their lives at age 5, suddenly when removed from a very neglectful/abusive mother. He still has to visit her once a month I think. She recently did a story for child abuse month about their story.

Anyway, this guy has had a rocky road and she could rightfully be here on our board, she and her hubby have certainly earned their warrior stripes. He is quite a love though.... he and Q did great together when we went there and stayed with them.

My dear little J got "student of the month" and trust me, he is not one of those does well everywhere else but home kind of kids. He really earned this.

Really is cool. I am so proud of them! Here is her blog on child abuse awareness... he just got his picture. She posts this in public so I do not worry about posting here, she knows I tell you all about her.

https://web.archive.org/web/2012071...ld-abuse-awareness-do-you-know-my-sons-story/

Star*

call 911........call 911
WAY TO GO - Nice to see some positive things with a Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) kid - HUG HIM for me.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
So nice to see hard work rewarded. :) And it means just a little bit more when it's a difficult child. Congrats to him!