CPS got called and I'm freaking out and need opinions.

BusynMember

The police have criminals to worry about. Bet they blew off the lady who said, "I know her from a chat board and..."

Just a guess.

You're better off without that pack of wolves.

buddy

I agree..not a huge mistake. I did what step did, popped Q's Zyprexa the day I had to do my final move out.

Good grief, it was like moving through the ocean.

I felt so dumb.

L

Liahona

I've mixed up medications as well. It is a common mistake that isn't going to get a big reaction from authorities.

JKF

I've almost done that a few times. Actually last night I was 'this close' to accidentally giving easy child/difficult child another dose of his morning medications at bedtime. I caught myself just in the nick of time.

Don't beat yourself up. Mistakes happen sometimes. As long as it's not the "norm" you have nothing to worry about.

Right now, I am so shocked and furious that a support group could do such a thing to you over a mistake. It's the most insane thing I've ever heard. I'd take the whole thing as God's way of getting you away from those people. There must be more than one group like that. Of course, we should all take precautions but jeeze, you're only human. Once I had my son's Risperdal in my hand and instead of giving it to him, I swallowed it not thinking. I was tired all day. You made a MISTAKE. Welcome to the human race. I might also add that we don't always think as straight as we need to because of the day-to-day battle we are doing. And...I have so had it with people contacting CPS and kids now thinking - CORRECTLY - that they can use that as a threat to the parents. I have had them come to my house over ridiculous false reports. And you know what?? While they are dealing with people like US, the real abusers are out there really abusing kids. This country is going to hell in a handbasket. OK...I'm done...lol. Sorry but this really infuriates me.

Californiablonde

Thank you all for making me feel better. Still no calls and nobody has shown up. I think whoever called on me was blown off. If they still do show up then I know that it was a common mistake and they probably won't make a big deal out of it. I am feeling relieved.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
I'd still keep a good system in place to prevent another mishap and just in case they do show up, but yes, it happens, and she didn't seem to be reacting badly, you stayed up to watch. You have the numbers for poison control, 911, you're aware of the medication itself as you take it and so does your son, so you're not totally unfamiliar with the medication itself. You knew the likeliest reaction was that she would have trouble sleeping, the worst would be a possible allergic reaction (and you were right there to call 911 if that did happen), but you stayed up and made sure she was okay, and she was okay. You now have a system of some type to prevent it from happening again, so all is good.

We've all mucked it up now then (morning medications at night or vice versa, examples you've seen above, etc.), and I'm sorry your so-called support group was anything but and way high-strung. I'm sure you can find other support groups online (and off FB where you can be more anonymous) that might be more help for your bi-polar.

Californiablonde

Well I found another support group and I joined there. There's even a couple of people who used to belong to the other group I was on but they left for some reason. So far everyone seems nice and helpful. It isn't as fun as the other group though. My other group was more light hearted and fun and this group so far seems more serious. But maybe I just need to spend more time reading the posts and getting to know everybody there before I pass judgement. At least I know I have another avenue of support and that makes me feel better. And of course I have you guys and I much appreciate all of your advice and help.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Please don't stress about it. YOU reacted in a logical way while they subscribed to group hysteria. The ER would have sent you home with instructions to do exactly what you did. By the time they examined your daughter, the medication would have been absorbed already. Nothing to be done except watch for a bad reaction at that point.

And like another poster stated, I can not imagine the police taking the report seriously. Or CPS. What could they report? Some lady from an internet group gave her kid a wrong pill and now refuses take our medical advise.... um ok... lol!

IT1967

This *almost* happened to me once when I was just starting difficult child 1 on a new medication. I am now completely neurotic about the medication dosing. It's scary. When we were in FL, we found a pill sorter for $1 at the Flea Market that actually has 4 separate compartments for each day: AM, afternoon, PM, bedtime!! We got one for each kid, and I marked their initials on every compartment with-different colored Sharpies. I take medication and I keep that upstairs in my bedroom. The kids' medications are downstairs. Just sharing another idea for ya on how to keep track of it all.

busywend

Honestly, authorities cant take posts on a chat board seriously anyway. People lie all the time! If for some bizarre reason they did show up you could even say you were making it up. Case closed. I really dont think they can afford to follow up based on social groups online.