Cr@p morning here!

StressedM0mma

We are having a less than great morning here. difficult child is refusing to get out of bed and go to school. She is "exhausted" and I just don't understand. This is the **** she was pulling before. I have no idea what is going on with her. We are supposed to be leaving after school to attend a huge equine show. It is like she is purposely sabotaging going. And, I can't get her up and dressed not that she has put weight on. Usually once I can get her dressed she would get up and get ready. Not today. It is like when she was really bad. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate this!!!!! (Sorry, just needed to vent that.)
Could it be Friday the 13th?? I really need her to go to school, I have a ton of stuff to get done if we are going to be leaving, which it doesn't look like it will be happening.

llamafarm

Never thought about it being Friday the 13th! It could also be this Ohio air, but is a beautiful morning! (Just noticed you were in state)
Thinking of you, good luck.

So sorry your morning is off to such a miserable start! easy child/difficult child 3 pulled the same type of garbage earlier this week but she needed taxi service later in the day. I was able to use this to get her moving. Keeping my fingers crossed you manage to get your difficult child up and out the door!

Thinking of you... Hugs... SFR

StressedM0mma

No luck yet. It is actually a great morning here! Still no luck. And, she will not tell me what is going on other than she is exhausted. I can tell there is an avoidance going on, but I do not know to what. She said there are no tests or other things going on. And, here I was at my therapist yesterday saying how great things were going. So much for bragging. She is back to saying that school is stupid and boring and she doesn't want to go. If we end up going to the equine show we will be having a long talk in the car. (it is a 2+ hour car ride.) Nothing like a captive audience.

That is the worst part. I have no idea what triggered this. Even yesterday she seemed to be in great spirits. And today boom!! Unless I missed some signs. But, I do not think that I did.

keista

Depression doesn't always have a trigger. Nice when there is one because then there is something to work on. More often than not, I find that anything found to be a "trigger" is just an excuse to justify the depression. We just can't believe that a person can be so sad and so miserable for absolutely no reason at all, but I promise you, it does happen.

ksm

. If we end up going to the equine show we will be having a long talk in the car. (it is a 2+ hour car ride.) Nothing like a captive audience. .

Is the equine show for her or for you? If it is for her - I would just cancel it. We have a house rule that if you miss school - no TV/no computer/no going anywhere - even after 4pm when you magically feel better. I understand what you are going thru. I deal with it - but on a much smaller level. Good luck! KSM

buddy

No luck yet. It is actually a great morning here! Still no luck. And, she will not tell me what is going on other than she is exhausted. I can tell there is an avoidance going on, but I do not know to what. She said there are no tests or other things going on. And, here I was at my therapist yesterday saying how great things were going. So much for bragging. She is back to saying that school is stupid and boring and she doesn't want to go. If we end up going to the equine show we will be having a long talk in the car. (it is a 2+ hour car ride.) Nothing like a captive audience.

That is the worst part. I have no idea what triggered this. Even yesterday she seemed to be in great spirits. And today boom!! Unless I missed some signs. But, I do not think that I did.
This happened to me too in the last two days... I clearly had a trigger but my emotions were so over the top sad...and sure enough it was hormonal if you know what I mean.... is she early?? or could that be a part?

Did you have to pay a large fee for the horse show? I agree that she should not be allowed to go if it is for her (unless you are losing a ton of money but even then, the precedent you will set may not be worth it, only you know how she would take advantage of that in future though...) Hope she shapes up, uggg so frustrating.

StressedM0mma

She knew we would not be going to the show. I think she was trying to see if I was bluffing. She managed to get herself ready to go and to school by 4th period. So, I am happy she went.

Buddy, I do not think she is early. She is so irregular it is hard to tell. I have no idea why she was acting like that. Once she was up, she seemed to be OK.

could very well have been an anxiety issue with the horse show....its not unheard of to sabatouge something even if its the most important thing in the world to you--its reasonable to assume she had some internal issue with today if its something new, not a pattern.

it also might be reasonable to assume the honeymoon is over with abilify if it IS an emerging pattern. we had great, short lived benefit with each and every abilify increase--roughly 6-8 greatly improved weeks, and downward spiral til the next increase. the max. benefit dose is 30 mg so you have room to go. personally, by 15mg, my love affair with it was over and now we've been trying to get her off it--we managed to get to 10 mg, 5 wasnt so hot (we will try again over the summer).

ALSO, we are pretty convinced that the abilify itself has dramatically interfered with her normal menstrual cycle--originally we thought it was just that she was young and irregular, but since we've been playing with dosages we can be pretty sure its doing something hormonally. so dont rule out PMS-y like stuff even if she's been regular.

as for the weight gain, it was horrendous, but believe it or not, and this is just a huge coincidence, mine was just diagnosis'd with a gazillion food & seasonal allergies--one of which is wheat, so we've dramatically altered the way we eat--we are just about gluten free, definitely *white* free and the entire family has lost significant weight. and i'm the last person to buy into that kind of stuff when there are no notable symptoms to point to allergies,....husband and i have tried to follow her diet in support and we both agree we are thinner and just feel better. so its worth a shot if you can get her to adjust her diet. mine is down two pants sizes and happily went shopping for new, smaller jeans today--SHE feels better.

sorry its miserable for her.