Crabby -- I messed myself up I guess...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Not only did I forget my medications the night before last which really throws me off, but I stayed up too late last night and now it's all catching up with me today... AND I think my "friend" is about to come for a visit. Talk about a triple whammy.

The kids are really getting on my nerves today. I am SO done with the bickering, the teasing, the downright meanness, the backtalk, the uncooperativeness, the whining and complaining.

I took them all to the park today to ride their bikes thinking the sunshine, fresh air and exercise would do us all good. Just made me tired and cranky. :(

I made dinner and husband just called. I told him he needs to hurry up and get home so I can escape this place for a while. I need to deliver a belated Xmas gift to my uncle's house and will probably stop in to see my mom and my house-bound dad -- mom wants to show off her new kitchen (I know I'll just get depressed about this).

Maybe I can hit one of the stores I got a gift card for and splurge on something useless. Normally that would be somewhat appealing, but right now I feel like, eh, so what.

Alright, 'nuf whine and not enough cheese. Maybe a glass will keep me from going crackers...

Star*

call 911........call 911
You know - many, many years ago during a Christmas break I was at home with my Father and my sister. My sister is Aspie light and possibly BiPolar (BP) (she's now admitted to medications) uh huh.....it was always ME. (Great)

So anyway - Mom had been with us for a long time and just needed a reality break. So Dad said he would handle things. Mom left. I think her skid marks can still be found beneath the years of gravel. Anywho - there is me, sis and Dad and sis starts her "thing". I retaliate and the next thing ya know - it's an all out war. Dad at the end of his string calls both of us to the back door. He tells us to go out into the yard. (we do) He walked out into the yard with TWO butcher knives. Long Sharp......awful looking. Then he said "If I hear ONE MORE PERSON say I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" and then handed us both a knife and walked away and said "Whomever comes in alive can live here and the other one can keep quiet for a long long time. THen he just walked in the house.

My sister and I stood there holding knives - then laughed. Eventually we got what Dad was saying. He had had - enough. We drove Mom out of the house that day, left him there to deal and he did. Neither one of us forgot it and there wasn't very much arguing at all after that.

I know it was sublime and I'm not suggesting you hand anyone in your home a knife - but I can tell you it stopped a lot of the bickering for my Dad. lol.

Sorry you are having a terrible, lousy, rotten, no good day. I am more sorry your Mom got a new kitchen. Not fair is it? Hugs......
Star

tiredmommy

{{{Hugs}}} been there done that. Bickering does more to ruin my mood than anything. Have you tried child labor? My dear father would make my brother and myself scrub the floors and baseboards to his satisfaction. He wasn't normally very picky, but he was a retired mess sergeant so he really enjoyed this particular form of behavior modification. We eventually learned to stay off his radar.

Jena

hi

I"m sorry your having a rough day, it's rough when their all home and arguing and bickering. I have to laugh at tiredmommy's suggestion lol, i do that to easy child all the time as of late. She gets on my nerves and i hand her a dust rag and pledge :)

I hope your night was calmer.

(((hugs)))

F

flutterbee

I hate when I do that, too. It throws you off for a couple of days and you just feel toxic and don't even want to be around yourself.

I hope you get back on track soon.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
It was great to get out and go for a long drive to the other side of the county with the radio blasting, drop off the gift at my uncle's and stop in at my parents. I hadn't planned on staying for three hours, but I guess my dad needed to vent a bit. Actually, I'm not suprised by it at all. He spent my whole childhood venting, only now, I don't sit silently and let him lecture me on his paranoia and why the whole world is full of cr@p and out to get him. I guess I got his dander up a few times with some pointed questions, not really meaning to, but just wondering out loud why he says half the stuff he says. Fortunately, it was a brief spike in blood pressure and we were able to shift gears and get the "conversation" or should I say monologue back on track. As I was leaving my poor mom said he'll probably go off for a couple more hours on my questioning his motives for something he shared with me.

Anyway... the kitchen cabinets look nice, but mom's peeved at some sloppy stuff the installers did and was pointing out all the nit-picky stuff she was upset about. I'd be upset too, it's worth addressing and I know she'll have them deal with it. It's just too bad she has to do this all herself, and too bad the job's paid in full.

Two kids were still awake but in bed when I got home at 11pm, but it looked like husband made sure they got their medications (pill box slot was empty anyway). I can deal with that. It's still vacation for them. Anyway, I do feel better now :D And I promise to take my medications tonight. Thanks for letting me get that out!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Glad you are feeling better now. So many times I have felt like leaving for a bit (or longer) when the kids are being Pitas!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Hey are you and I sister's!!!
I feel the same!!!
Except I can not get away... husband has been layed up going on day 4 with a severe gout attack... in-laws are still in town but with friends here and not much use.
I am not giving in to letting them mess the girls up and the 2 times the girls asked to see them, they were busy.
So I am on the edge of sanity...
oh and did I mention, husband made a comment last night about me yelling at the kids especially K. ALL THE TIME.
I started crying and slept in the guest room.
For carps sake I am doing everything thing I can here... christmas break, husband laid up, in-laws accusing me of the ruining the kid...
I am ready to drive and keep on driving.

I am so glad you feel better!!! It is so good to just get out crank up the tunes and go!!!
I may crank up the radio today... I am taking the girls to the zoo...
N may just run in terror!!! Which is always fun!

klmno

I'm glad you are feeling better, too. It's amazing what a little time away from it all can do for us and our energy, huh?

I really like TM's suggestion, though. I'm putting that one in my back pocket for future use! I'll just have to remember to foresee the need for it before difficult child becomes too much of a PITA to comply!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Loth, I won't be needing a nap after sleeping in until 10am! :) husband is taking a vacation day today, too. So I may sneak out again and leave him in "charge" -- of course, we all know what that means. He's only there to ensure nobody gets maimed or killed, and sometimes even that's asking too much.

TM, your strategy would have worked had I had the patience to oversee the tasks assigned. Sometimes that takes more energy than I have! Know what I mean??

Toto, I LOVE the zoo :) Perhaps because it reminds me of home.... (sigh). I hope you all have a lot of fun there today.

I sat outside this morning with my coffee and let the chicks roam around freely. The sun was warm, there were lots of wild birds in the yard, and it was just so nice to sit and be and take in the peacefulness.

Hope everyone has a great day today! :D