Creepy

Lothlorien

So, I have this new job that I've been doing for a few months now. It's sort of like a courier (it's all legal, I just don't want to go into specifics). So I go to this house last night and the family owns a funeral home. The guy is extremely funny. Everything went well and job is done. Beautiful home, nothing unusual, nice family.

I'm getting over being sick, so I'm really tired out, since yesterday was the first day I wasn't on the couch and I was playing catch up all day. I go to bed dead tired. I wake up at 2:00. Something woke me up, just can't remember. Then about an hour later, I feel husband's hand on my hip, shaking me telling me "wake up babe." I look up and he's not there (he fell asleep on the couch). I fall back to sleep and wake up from this awful dream where I see this black shadow of a person grab me with a knife and starts to stab me in the hand. Then I wake up again to hear pounding downstairs. I get up and ask why all the pounding and my son says...no one is pounding.

I hardly ever have nightmares. If fact, the only time I had nightmares was after I had my kids and I'd have a nightmare that something bad happened to one of them, but that hasn't been in a very long time. To have several in one night, is just bizarre. I have the worst headache. What the heck?

I told husband this morning about what happened and he's laughing it off, but the whole thing has me a bit weirded out.

DDD

Uh....hmmmm...."creepy" sounds like the right word. Did you by chance take any medication before bed? Guess if you had a medication and were exhausted you could have vivid nightmares. Sorry you got scared. Hugs DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
That is creepy! I'm sorry you had such a horribly vivid, scary nightmare, especially after working with a funeral home person. Hopefully tonight will be a better night's sleep.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
If you're just getting over being sick - did you NOT take anything last night for the first night in a few???

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think the funeral home X a creepy movie you may have watched in the past crossed in your psyche and made it's own horror movie in your head. - A really good one too by the sounds of it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Odd, and a little weird.

The husband shaking you thing could have been your subconscious trying to pull you out of the nightmares, same with the pounding. I've had it happen, not that exact way, but similar type things. Although I rarely have a "nightmare".

Any chance your fever could've spiked during the night? I know you're getting over it, but sometimes a bug will give you one last zing before it's gone. My nightmares tend to show up with fevers.

Lothlorien

I've only been taking antibiotics, along with an all-natural cough stuff and sinus stuff, but I've taken that before with no issues. I did not take anything else. I thought of that too. I forgot to take the anti-inflammatory that I usually take. More on that in another post...look for that.

TerryJ2

Loth, your medications don't match up to what I take or what affects me, but I'd say you were overtired and that maybe not taking the anti-inflammatory did it. Sometimes, NOT taking something is as bad as taking it.
Too many antihistamines do it for me. I have the exact type of nightmares you have and I also can no longer have coffee drinks. You know, the fun ones with-caffiene, Bailey's, and whipped cream? Can't mix alcohol and caffeine.
Those types of dreams are troubling. I hope you can rid yourself of the feeling sooner rather than later.

Lothlorien

I took an Ambien last night and woke up once, which is unusual for me on ambien. BUT, I didn't wake up with a headache and no nightmares.

Terry, I love an occasional cappuccino with Frangelico after a dinner out, but I end up with indigestion, so I've switched to asking for decaf cappuccino.