cross fingers, toes, and whatever else you can

muttmeister

difficult child 2 has not been doing well on a lot of fronts lately. Had a period of fighting with his wife in October; got a DUI; was charged with assault (that one he doesn't deserve; both his wife and her friend, both of whom he was accused of assaulting, swear that he did not do anything wrong so I think it will eventually be dropped), is out of work since the first of November (his work was seasonal), has a $1000 lawyer bill, etc., etc., etc.

For a couple of years the people on the town board have been telling him that he should and would get the job as village maintenance person but there was already a guy who had the job and, although they didn't like him, nobody had the cojones to fire him. Well, he quit, and the lady who lives next door to difficult child, and is on the town board, said he will be appointed to the job at the village meeting on Tuesday.
This is the job he has been waiting for; it is perfect for him. But I'm afraid to get too excited yet because he seems to have the ability to screw up anything he gets close to. Please just keep your fingers crossed and prayers and good wishes going up that he actually gets the job without another disaster happening before Tuesday.
Thanks

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Saying a heavy duty prayer, crossing body parts, sending positive vibes, and mega good juju. This job could very well be what stops him from shooting himself in the foot.

Hugs

donna723

Saying lots of prayers and fingers crossed that he gets the job and it all works out for him. Sounds like he's overdue for something good to happen for a change.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm sending all the Star Trek force fields to Nebraska that I can surrounding your difficult child so that he doesn't come anywhere near goofing up anything when it gets close. Then I'm just going to keep positive thoughts that he's basically teleported to the job and starts working and gets back on trek.....er TRACK.

(LIVE LONG AND PROSPER difficult child)