Cross your fingers, pray, etc... for us!

susiestar

Roll With It
I MIGHT have found a doctor who would actually consider the possibility of movement disorders for Jessica!

Why is it that when you call a doctor office and speak to someone about a problem that they only get really helpful if they can tell your are about to cry?

Whatever it is, I was on the edge. Bless Stephanie, she LISTENED. This does seem to be what the doctor who is on the movement disorders sites might treat. She went to ask the clinic mgr if the doctor would treat a teen. She didn't just say no!!!! (This alone seems like huge progress, sadly.)

Then she said to have records faxed to them, attn to the clinic mgr. Even gave me a NAME for that person. So many times they don't want to give out a name because then you might call that person and push for answers.

I asked, as a last resort, if she knew any docs who treat children for movement disorders. There is a woman who worked in the same clinic until Children's Hospital opened.

I am excited. TWO doctors who might possibly treat Jess!!!

The more I think about our current pediatrician neuro, the more I think he is brand new, and possibly has never even seen a movement disorder. The times he is short or angry with us are times when he is out of his depth. At least that is how it seems. So I am searching for a doctor who might know more able and willing to help.

Keep fingers and toes crossed!

trinityroyal

Crossing fingers, toes and all other crossable body parts. Strapping chicken livers to the babies and picking them up for dancing. Praying for all I'm worth.

Susie, I HOPE that this doctor can provide you with the answers you need for Jess. Sounds promising so far, and I pray that they live up to this early promise.

Trinity

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I hope and pray that someone will start helping Jessie.
You guys need and deserve a break.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
The more I think about our current pediatrician neuro, the more I think he is brand new, and possibly has never even seen a movement disorder. The times he is short or angry with us are times when he is out of his depth.

I'll bet you're right about that!

This is great news, and I hope it's getting you a few steps closer to some answers for your girl!