D-Day....mother in law is on her way!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
mother in law moves up to CT today. She and H will be boarding a flight shortly from Orlando.

She will stay with us for a few days before moving into her apt nearby. Please keep us in your thoughts...H is not himself when she's around and I know it's going to be a huge adjustment. For everyone.

Is it weird that H and his mom shared a room at a B&B?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hopefully the transition won't be so bad for any of you.

And no, not weird that H and his mom shared a room. Frugal. It wouldn't seem weird for me to share a room like that with Travis. Can't say I'd do it every day but in that setting...........aw c'mon, I diapered him. LOL

DDD

Ditto, Hound. Fingers crossed that the transition goes better than expected.

Did she sell her house in Orlando? DDD

You'll be in my thoughts for the next few days. I hope she comes and goes without too much trouble.

Sharing the room? It's just part of the adventure!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I get the room sharing thing, agreed its not too weird. Although of it were my dad and me, it would seem weird, Know what I mean??

Anyway, thanks for the good thoughts! The movers arrive on Monday before 10 am so we will meet them there to help mother in law unpack her things. At some point H will have to go with her to DMV and get her license and registration changed to CT.

H is already behaving like an idiot. If he makes a move tonight, I may need to crush him, lol!

DDD, not only did mother in law sell her house in record time (one week!!), she also got her original asking price!!! Holy cow! Isn't that amazing????

Morning comes early-gnight!

susiestar

Roll With It
(((((hugs)))))

I have always been and will always be thankful that husband's mother wants as little to do wtih us as possible. So unless something happens to husband's sister, we won't have to deal with her in situations like this.

I hope your H isn't too big an idiot with his mom there. Why is it that family can really bring the worst of us out in some ways?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It's been a long and difficult day.

I have to keep reminding myself that she's on the spectrum and a lot of her behavior has nothing to do with me...even though it feels like it...which is more difficult than it sounds.

She's just so rude at times and says things she shouldn't without thinking. All the other little annoyances I can disregard but sometimes her words and actions are quite hurtful.