d/h 's dad is dying

G

guest3

after the man being in the hospital for 6 weeks in critical care they finally diagnosed him yesterday with terminal cancer in his liver and lungs. They say 3 months is optimistic. Now d/h is a mess (more then he already was) but he is still working (thank God! the budget is tight as is). And I am feeling hopeless.

I have been considering seperating from d/h and have felt I can't be a witch and do it while his Dad is in the hopsital, I know I sound cold..........

sigh............ugh........... :crying:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm sorry about your father in law and also that you feel that your marriage is falling apart. They are both very sad events. :frown:

Suz

Steely

I am so sorry! I know how painful this is for your husband.......and in turn, you.

Although I am not tremendously close to my dad, he was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer a couple of months ago. Despite our relationship, his sickness has caused a whirlwind of emotions for me. I believe anytime our parent becomes ill, despite any outside circumstances, it causes substantial grief. Suffice to say, I am sure your husband is a mess.

I believe at this point, you are probaby making a considerate choice in not leaving. Let this all pass, and see what happens. My thoughts will be with you.

Sue C

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe at this point, you are probaby making a considerate choice in not leaving. Let this all pass, and see what happens. </div></div>

I agree with Amber. I had a friend who left her husband right after he was diagnosed with cancer. That just made his situation all the much worse for him.

Your husband needs your support right now as he goes through this trial. I lost my dad 3 years ago. It is a difficult time watching your dad die. I know I needed the support of my husband. It is kind of you to hang in there to support your husband. I don't know your situation (and certainly don't need to know), but who knows, this life changing event may change him for the better.

Hugs and prayers,
Sue