Dad got on a plane .....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
My dad took off late yesterday afternoon for Switzerland. My niece lives there with her husband & they just had a baby boy.

My baby bro & sister in law are grandparents for the first time & elated. Dad, baby bro & sister in law took off from O'Hare yesterday afternoon.

Dad is off to meet his 7th great grandchild & delighted beyond reason. He was so nervous he called me with his list 3 times over the weekend. He left room for baby presents in his suitcase as we were sending all sorts of stuff along for Gabriel Antonio.

I'm so glad Dad is able to make this trip. He had hip replacement surgery so he could climb the Alps & yodel (that's his story & he's sticking to it :bigsmile:)

Dad's doing great!

donna723

Congrats from me too! Where do they live in Switzerland? My cousin and her husband vacationed in Switzerland a year or so ago and she took hundreds of pictures. She's been just about everywhere and she said that Switzerland, especially around Lucerne, was the most beautiful place she's ever seen! It's just gorgeous there, very "old world" architecture and beautiful views everywhere you look! I hope they have a wonderful time and I'm so glad that your dad got to make the trip!

susiestar

Roll With It
Awesome!!! Welcome to the world, Gabriel Antonio!!!

I hope that in the near future you will be physically able and emotionally footloose enough to travel the way he is.

nvts

He sounds so much like my dad, and if he is, we're both truly blessed!

I hope he has a fantastic time!

Beth

KTMom91

Very cool, Linda!

If you get video of him yodeling, please send it along. I for one would LOVE to hear it!

H

HaoZi

Bit late to this, but congrats and glad your Dad is still able to go do all that!