Darth Vader gets his mask today!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
A rep from the CPAP equipment company is supposed to be here at 4pm to fit husband for his new appliance and train him on the proper use/care of it. I figure I'd better hang around so that tomorrow when he's forgotten it all I can remind him of what to do :p

He's home sick today with a cold. Hope that doesn't ruin the appointment!

If all goes well, tonight may be the first night in a looooong time that he doesn't snore and actually gets to REM sleep! Which means I may have a restful night, too!

B

bran155

Congrats to the Vadar and to Princess Laya (sp?), you both just might get a good night's sleep!!! Good luck. I hope all goes well. :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
:alien::alien::alien::alien:
The FORCE gives you REM sleep it does. Smart is the wife making this young Jedi wear a mask for hiding ugly snoring.

MAY
THE
FORCE
BE
WITH

YOU

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL Star!

I hope it works well. (it should)

And that you're able to stop laughing long enough to go to sleep. LOL

Hugs

rejectedmom

Is your husband's nose stuffed up? If he is using a nasal mask he will not be able to use the machine tonight if that is the case. If he has a full face mask (covers both nose and mouth) he will be good to go as long as he isn't having to blow his nose ever few minutes. I am hoping that this is just the thing he needed to get his life back. You can PM me if you have questions after the rep leaves. I'll help if I can.

p.s. We Cpap uses call ourselves "hoseheads" LOL. -RM

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh it is hysterical!!! He has to wear a chin strap in addition to the face mask. It looks like some kind of torture device! :rofl:

I went out and got some distilled water for him to use with it tonight. I'm taking my mom to the movies for her birthday tonight, and told husband he has to figure it out on his own. But I bet he won't put it on until I get back...

I'll let y'all know how perky we are (or aren't) tomorrow!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
RM, he has the full face mask (over his mouth and nose) so I think he'll be o.k. He can breathe out of his nose pretty well, despite the cold -- not too much congestion (yet). Thanks for your offer to advise -- I may be asking questions later! :)

Wiped Out

Staff member
GvcMom,
It is quite the get up. We are still waiting for the home health people to call us about difficult child's but he has a mask and the chin guard at home to get used to. Of course,
difficult child has informed us he is never wearing it again because it blows too much air into his nose (from his night at the sleep study with it). He only has the one covering his nose.

I hope your husband had a good night's sleep!!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
GCV, both SO and I have the full face masks and we are quite the pair of aliens laying there in bed at night, both of us hooked up to machines LOL

I received one because of snoring, SO, well he just doesn't get enough oxygen but both of us sleep a lot better because of them.

Marcie

Lothlorien

It will probably take him quite a while to get used to it. My dad is supposed to use his, but rarely does. He just couldn't get used to it. I hope this helps him.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
He did sleep better, but not entirely uninterrupted. And I must have woken up five or six times myself. I'm exhausted -- had to get up at 6:30 for difficult child 2's basketball game this morning. Hopefully tonight's rest will be better.

husband says I snore a lot more since I've put on weight over the past few years. Maybe after we get difficult child 2 settled with his issues I'll go in for myself.

My dad's sister was a VERY, VERY loud snorer and most likely had severe apnea. She died of heart failure in her sleep, and I wouldn't be surprised if the apnea contributed to that. My dad will probably have his heart give out because of this, too. He's already got congestive heart failure due to lung problems, and likely aggravated by the apnea he has.

difficult child 2 goes for his study next Friday evening. They'll be putting an air mattress on the floor in the room for me to stay with him. He was soooo slow and tired at his bball game today. I have to believe his snoring is the biggest reason.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(SCCCCCCCCCOooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh)
(SSSSSSSSSSCCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOohhhhhhhhh)

LUuuuuKE

I

AM

YOUR

FATHER

(SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooohhhhhhh)

Rest well and prosper.......oh dang.......that's Star Trek

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
easy child snored horribly as a child. Also had sleep apnea........didn't need a sleep study to know cuz you could hear when she stopped breathing. But she also had swollen tonsils nearly 24/7 that I'd been trying to get docs to remove for years.

I had to hunt around for awhile, but I finally found a doctor who looked at her throat and was more than willing to remove her tonsils and adenoids. She was 9 by then. No more snoring, no more apnea. Made me furious that I'd had to go thru so much to get such a simple procedure done for her.

Now........are you sure you're not considering the cpap just so you won't laugh yourself silly when husband is wearing his?? lol ;)

Honestly....I hope I never need something like that. I'd never be able to fall asleep with something strapped to my face. I freak out with oxygen masks.......one part of my brain knows I'm not smothering.......yet another part swears I am smothering. I had to remove it in the hospital in order to sleep.

Hugs