Date update

KFld

Sorry guys and girls, but I had so many people to call and report to when I got home yesterday and then Desperate Housewives came on, so you know how that goes.

Anyway, he's not somebody I would go out with again. Very very nice man, seemed much older then me, and no physical attraction at all.

OH well, I'm not really dissapointed. It's not like I'm out there looking. The opportunity came along, I took it and it didn't work out.

I'm having too much fun being single anyway. Besides the rumors going around about me are far more excting. My s2bx has heard that I've been hanging out at the Elks lodge with this guy, who is actually a good friend of my dad and brother, and s2bx's girlfriend's ex-boyfriend. Apparentley one of them wants me?? The guy who knows my dad, I have met and said hello to maybe twice, and as far as his girlfriend's ex-boyfriend, I wouldn't know him if I fell over him.

So once again, s2bx doesn't even know me. If he did, he would know I don't hang out in bars with guys and I only go to the Elks lodge with my sister in-law and one of my other friends. He must be confusing me with things he has done himself :smile:

TerryJ2

Who needs Desperate Housewives when you've got your own life? You could get pd for writing their scripts!
Glad you liked the guy ... sorry it was just a one-time mtng.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Karen, it's great that went out with that guy. If nothing else, you got out of the house for a bit and gained a little more experience in the dating post divorce arena. It's a good thing.

And it's even a better thing that you can remain detached from the rumors flying around about you- hahaha - confusing you with things s2bx has done! Too funny~

DDD

Don't deep six him because he isn't the potential one. The big
thing you learn when single for some time is that having a guy
who will accompany you to a concert or a party or a movie etc. is
REALLY a great thing. Sometimes you just need a male buddy..even
a boring one. DDD

wakeupcall

Look...nothing ventured, nothing gained. I think it's wonderful that you went...period. Good for you! Now the "first time out" is over and the next time you won't be as nervous. You sound so CONTENT with yourself!! Wonderful!

Star*

call 911........call 911
OHHHH YOU MADE A FRIEND!!!! HOW Wonderful you Elk lodging, bar-fly wanna be, hot momma, got a number on the juke box everyone knows is your song - lol

Of course men WANT you - have you looked in the mirror lately?

I'm glad you have a new friend, and I'm with D3 - it's nice to just have friends that are safe and boring. I bet the story is a LOT different from his point of view to his Desperate house men -

" OMG I got to go out with this total cutie and she's really fun, sexy and exciting - but sigh - a bit too much life for me! So I'm saying no before another serious date, because I believe she'd put me in need of nitro patches."

tiredmommy

Karen, look at it this way: You got your first date in an awfully long time out of the way. Maybe there won't be so much angst for you when the next one comes up!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm having too much fun being single anyway. Besides the rumors going around about me are far more excting.

That is SOOOO true. When I left my job the rumors were amazing. If I lived half those, I'd be a celebrity.

Abbey

Fran

Former desparate mom
Karen, glad your first date was a success. You didn't really expect magic? I keep thinking of putting a toe in the water is what you have to start with and he was a good starter date. Now you gradually get to work up to the real thing.

I love to hear those rumours. I'm sure they are entertaining. Have fun and enjoy the attention.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well, even though you made us wait to report in, I'm still hoping that one of these days you will live up to 10% of the rumors that are circulating about you.

:thumb:

Suz

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: donna723</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Karen ...

Has your soon-to-be ex heard the "rumors" too?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: </div></div>

Actually, he's the one asking everyone if they are true. Supposedly I have been hanging down the Elks club with another male member and my s2bx's girlfriend's ex-boyfriend, conspiring against them. From what I have been told it's his girlfriend's brother who's starting these rumors because he doesn't trust my s2bx with his sister and heard he's a player and threw me out on the street :rofl:

Just one more proof that he doesn't know me at all. First of all I don't hang out at the Elks with other guys, I only go there with my sister in-law and one of my closest friends because I would never walk into a bar by myself, and second of all I wouldn't even know this guy I'm supposed to be hanging there with if I fell over him.

My sister in law and I are going down to the club to have something for dinner just so I can hear more of what I've been doing down there :smile:

This should be an interesting visit!!

Coookie

Oh Karen,

So much has changed since I was here but your thread just made me laugh. :rofl: My theory on rumors is this: If they are talking about me...they are leaving someone else alone... :rofl:

Good for you.. :smile: I agree with Star and D3... it is good to have a boring male friend. :smile: Just someone to hang out with. :smile: It reminds me of my dating times (a 100 years ago now :nonono:) I had a blind date with what I thought was not a very attractive, tiny man..but..as I got to know him he kept getting better looking..and taller... :smile: and before I knew it he became a very important part of my life.. sadly he passed away a few years ago but it was a valuable lesson I learned about a book and it's cover.

Good for you... keep going out and living your life. I can only imagine how scary it was but you did it girl. :smile:

Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
"Men are like a fine wine. They start out like grapes. It's our job to stomp on them until they mature into something you would have dinner with" ~ Author Unknown :smile: