Daughter made it to Israel

Jody

Please remember my easy child in your prayers, she is in Israel attending Jerusalem University for the next 7 weeks. My anxiety level has risen greatly. Glad for her to have this opportunity, but we have never been so far apart either.

svengandhi

My friend's daughter just got back from 4 months in Israel and another friend's son is preparing to attend Tel Aviv U for a master's next year. My own daughter went on Birthright a few months ago and loved it - she is trying to finagle a free trip back next spring but she isn't an english major/minor - the teacher said she will try to see if an ed major can attend. They keep the country as safe as they can, my Israeli friends feel safer there than in parts of NYC.

I hope your D has a great time.

The story I tell (true and sad) is of a friend who had 2 nephews. One went skiing on winter break and the other went to Israel. We got a phone call that one of the nephews had been killed. This was during the Intifada when homicide bombers were rampant. I said was it a terror attack and the answer was no, it was a tree. The skiing nephew hit a tree and died, the other is now a father of 3. As an aside to that, my d was fine in Israel, she came home and had a skiing accident and had to have her ACL reconstructed.

buddy

This is such a wonderful opportunity. I watched the Bachelorette for the first time last night because i was at my mom's. I did my student teaching for a few months in England and it was so fun to watch....I mean 25 years later and it felt like I could smell the air...just such a good thing to travel.

Estherfromjerusalem

Hello! I just got back from two weeks in England. Back here in Israel life carries on ticking over just like anywhere else in the world. Please don't worry about your daughter. I hope she has an amazingly wonderful experience here. If you want her to have personal contact with someone from the board, PM me and I'll give you my contact details for her. I live in Jerusalem and I would be more than happy to invite her to my home.

Being apart can be very healthy for them, and for us parents. It makes us appreciate the good things we take for granted most of the time, and gives us a break from the not-so-good things that annoy us about our kids.

Keep us updated.

Love, Esther

Jody

Oh, Esther thank you, she is looking forward to meeting you. I will PM you later today to get details. I have very limited contact with her, but hope to hear from her this weekend. Today she is doing the New Testament Walk. I am sure she is having the time of her life.

Estherfromjerusalem

Jerusalem is full of Christian holy sites and there is loads for her to see. Also, there is a festival of light at the moment in Jerusalem, and I have seen pictures of it and it is just amazing. I hope she gets to see it for real. The pictures I have seen are beautiful. Don't worry, I bet she's having the time of her life!

Love, Esther

Star*

call 911........call 911
Jody -

Prayers going up for your daughter! HOW AWESOME that she gets to meet Esther......(just a tad jealous here) lol.

Proud of her!!!!! Hang in there Mom!

Estherfromjerusalem

Jody, you haven't PM-d me yet. My offer stands, although she's probably having such a whale of a time that she won't want to spend any time with an old fogey like me!

Love, Esther

Jody

Oh just got an email from my easy child. She is having a fabulous time and is just amazed by the beauty of Israel. I miss her so much but also am so glad that she is safe and having a good time. Please keep her in your prayers.

TerryJ2

Didn't you post about the possibility of her going a few mo's ago? And now she's finally there?
Congrats.
I'm sending soothing hugs and calming thoughts.