Daughter spiraled into a horrible depression followed by a hospital stay

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by hearts and roses, Dec 14, 2012.

1. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

I haven't posted here much about this, but difficult child has recently spiraled into a horrible depression which was followed by a horrible kidney infection and hospital stay. Her overall health has been precarious for months, at best, but in the past week I see definite improvement in her mood and attitude.

Then, this morning E called and told me her favorite boss died of a heart attack last night...he was a lovely kind man, only 52, a long standing member of the community with a large extended family. Gina was very close to him and his sister. If you can, send up a prayer for his family.

On a more selfish level, I'm very worried about how this will impact my difficult child...she is still not stable and she tends to shut down when things become overwhelming. E is with her today and I'll probably see her later. If you can send up a prayer for her as well, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!
  2. Marcie Mac

Marcie Mac Just Plain Ole Tired

Positive thoughts being sent

3. recoveringenabler

recoveringenabler Well-Known Member Staff Member

Awww, H&R, that's a lot for your difficult child to deal with, and consequently, a lot for you too. Of course, I am sending a prayer for her boss's family and big hugs and prayers for your difficult child and for you too.................we'll wrap you all up in our magic cloak of love and support....
  4. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

You can count on me. I'm so sorry for the recent traumas. Hugs DDD
  5. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Sending many positive thoughts and good vibes for difficult child.
  6. Calamity Jane

Calamity Jane Well-Known Member

Of course. Very sorry about the boss - he was so young.
  7. buddy

buddy New Member

So sorry for the loss and praying difficult child can handle this without further sinking into depression.
  8. So sorry for difficult child's loss. She has been through a lot lately.

Sending my prayers and positive thoughts your way.
  9. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Adding hugs and my prayers.