Day Just Got worse *a vent*

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
So we lost satellite last night. I knew what that meant, didn't need a neon sign. When the phone/satellite/internet is about to be shut off........satellite is always the first to go.

But I wanted to think otherwise.

Made husband check to see if he paid the phone bill cuz he said he couldn't remember.

Phone co says we haven't paid siince april which I find extremely hard to believe. I know they'd have shut off service in May for one thing......believe me, they don't wait around for such things. And now they're saying we owe them 800.00 OMG WTH???:mad::surprise:

1. Our phone charges do NOT run us 200.00 a month
2. I have free long distance, so these are not long distance charges.

husband is attempting to sort it out online.........well, if it lasts long enough. Looks like I'm going to have to call them.......if I have phone tomorrow.

Ok. Maybe husband didn't pay it for July.........I can even stretch it for June. But no way in hades has he not paid since april........it would've been shut off long ago........and I know I saw the payment confirmation emails. Too bad I didn't save them......but dang it they clutter up the email account after a while.:mad:

Why........why is it always something???

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh...............

And while I'm at it.............

Asked husband why not just pay what we normally owe............

Guess what? We don't have the money cuz of the trip to Cleveland.

Yeah. Figured somehow that was gonna come back and bite me in the ****.

So, guess real soon you won't be seeing me for a while.

And right now......................I've got to go lace husband's toasted cheese sandwiches with pepper.......... what I'd really like to lace them with would get me 10-20. grrrrrr

Star*

call 911........call 911
Could you lace his cheese sandwhiches with love and kindness and serve them with a side of SHUT THE H up?

DammitJanet

How on earth can a phone bill be 800 bucks? That is absurd if you have free long distance! Has someone been phoning 900 numbers? You say that you received emails with confirmation numbers...how did you pay the bills? Out of a checking account? If so, the checks or pos debits will be on your statements. I happen to keep ALL of those emails in little folders in my email box but sometime one goes missing and somethings simply dont send email confirmations. Like my car payment. So I always save my bank statements. Well I dont save them...my bank does, but I can pull them up...lol. God love technology!

If you used anything to pay those bills other than straight out cash, you should be able to track it. I hate cash and when I do use it, I make darned sure I find a way to keep track of the receipt because that will always be the one time a problem happens.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
That is absurd if you have free long distance! Has someone been phoning 900 numbers?

Odd you should say that Janet. I got a thing from ATT about a week ago saying it was an order confirmation to unblock 900 numbers.

Now this has happened before. I called them up that time and ATT said it was bogus and nothing had been changed with my account and not to worry. So........I ignored this one as they'd told me to do with future ones.

Oh, and by the way ATT seems to have people adding charges to our bill for services we've never recieved on a fairly reg basis. We've already been over this with them at least twice.

So husband has the nerve to say..........uh, did you call and confirm the cancellation of all those services I did over the phone? WELL gee, let me see..............School, mother in law, School, mother in law, House, mother in law, hospital with mother in law, HOUSE......nursing home, mother in law, your bro and family being up...........

Is it surprising that it went into the black hole of my memory and simply vanished?? duh! So I told him he's calling them tomorrow. He has to go thru all the bogus charges cuz they start spouting initials to me and it takes me 20 secs and I haven't a clue of what they're talking about. Then during the same phone call I will varify I want this carppola off my phone once and for all. grrrrr This is what was supposed to happen last time husband called them to do this and he hung up before I could varify I'm me and I did want it done.

Phone is in MY name. Phone co will "supposedly" make no changes without my authorization, however apparently every Tom, Harold, and George can add services to my account and they just go ahead and bill me for it!!! *snarl*

Evidently husband did not pay for June. Ok, not happy about that, but I can deal with it. But ATT has got to get it's act together.

If we don't have phone and internet tomorrow.........cuz honestly I'm surprised we still have it..........I'm headed to easy child's to use her internet to call up the account while we talk to them on the phone.

Oh.........sorry, got off on a bit of another rant. lol Yes, husband pays online always. So it goes directly from the bank to them. There should be records both places.

graceupongrace

Lisa,

I don't know how you pay the bill, but here's what happened to me: I paid via phone using the automated system, got a confirmation number, the whole thing. But the system didn't record one digit of my bank account number, so the transaction got rejected and I never got any notification -- until they got on me because I hadn't paid. Huh?! I got it straightened out, but the person in the business office said they've had many complaints about the automated system.

Good luck!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I haven't been getting bills from Time Warner who I have all that stuff through, cable, internet, phone. So I finally get online and the bill is $300. WHAT? That's THREE MONTHS! And I paid at the beginning of June. So I call them. They didn't get the payment. Once a year during the summer I have to straighten out the account again. PUCO won't touch Time Warner because it is TV. ARRRR!

So - if you do end up switching to someone else - be very careful WHO!!!!!

And good luck. I'm with you on this one sweetheart.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Lisa--

In my experiece, ATT is the absolute WORST with exactly the sort of thing you describe. It's impossible to get charges and services removed, but relatives (or anyone who wants to call themselves a relative) can transfer phone charges to your account.

With all that was going on trying to organize mother in law's things....was there any chance that anyone billed phone calls to you?...or transferred accounts into your name?

--DaisyF

DammitJanet

Well I after the disaster of Cory in late 1999/early 2000, my telephone service cannot be touched by anyone buy anyone but me and it takes practically an act of congress for me to get any service added to my account. I am so locked down it really isnt funny. That is because Cory was calling all over hell and halfway to the moon and back. We tried everything, blocking long distance- he used toll free 800 numbers. Blocked both of them-I thought we had him. I took the phone with me to work but he borrowed a neighbors phone and called the operator and placed calls through the operator. By the end, the only calls that could be made on my phone were local calls and 911. I cant even make a 411 call. Certainly no collect calls or 900 calls.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Maybe we should have a circle of support for Daisys Husband.....:angel3: Or a search party :confused:

No one should ever say - Well if it hadn't been for your once a year - relaxing trip to Cleveland......:surprise: to a woman like Daisy. ;)