daybed bedding

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Lothlorien, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

How come I can't find this anywhere......inexpensive, anyway? I found one nice set that I'd buy, but it's $149. It's for Missy's room. I don't want to spend that much, because if she spills something or worse, I don't want to get angry. Walmart has some cute sets for about $50., but not for daybeds. Any suggestions?
  2. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader It's the only place I can find any nice cali-king sheets/sets for my bed. Almost NONE of the stores sell the exact size and those that do charge phenomenal prices. I have picked up some really great bargains at these two sites. They have everything imaginable - you just really have to look.
  3. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Loth- I've seen your handy work... could you alter a twin set to fit?
  4. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Maybe I'm just cheap... But I like to go to the closeout places (like Odd Lots if you have those) and buy just flat sheets. For a daybed I'd say one size up - probably full size? - then I make them like they do in hotels. If they won't stay on, make the bed with the "bottom" sheet, safety-pin on strips of 3/4" elastic, take the sheet back off and sew the elastic on.

Then again, I'm weird like that.
  5. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

I'm not that good.
  6. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

3 years ago my Mom bowed down to begging and bought me a sewing machine for my birthday. Nice thing, too.

I promptly made curtains for my room... difficult child 2's room... then later, difficult child 1's room and the family room. Had to buy the ones in the living room - they were cheaper to buy than to get the fabric!

I also got ambitious and made difficult child 1 a pair of pajamas. YOW. Curtains are easy. Pajamas, not so much.

I also made a USMC blanket for husband and then later a blanket to sit on at difficult child 2's football games. Did you know that fleece is on sale in AUGUST?!

I love to putter but I don't think I'm good. I can do pillows!

But sheets - as long as they're not fitted - aren't too bad.
  7. Star*

Star* call 911

daybed bedding -

that's about as tricky as
    Fruit float
    Fruit float
    Fruit float.

Maybe a mattress store?