daytrana update

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by crazymama30, Jun 19, 2007.

1. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

So far I remain very happy with this medication. I do not see any of the rebound I have seen with the other medications. I think it is more smooothly given since it is a transdermal patch. I am not sure if we need to up the dose or not, we see psychiatrist tommorrow. I think I may want to wait untill school starts to see if we need to up the dose. It has certainly helped with direction following and some stuff like that. I will talk with psychiatrist tommorrow and see what he wants to do. The lamictal has been a lifesaver when it comes to smashing the irritability. We still have a loud home, but it has a better undercurrent. Now easy child has more preteen emotional stuff, and is harder to deal with than difficult child. :slap: go figure.

So it can get better. It has been a long road, but there is hope.. 2 yrs ago difficult child was kicked out of boys and girl's club, suspended from school, and kicked off the bus. The last 1/4 of the year was way better than anything in the last 2 yrs. :bravo:

2. Alisonlg

Alisonlg New Member

Your update sounds sooooo wonderful and positive!

3. EB67

EB67 New Member

Fantastic! I'm so glad that the Daytrana has been effecttive for him. It has been for Seb too and I also find that the rebound effect is minimal as compared to Adderall. Good news!