DCF report on Caylee Anthony Death

DammitJanet

Just came out...cause of death was Casey Anthony's failure to protect.

Now is it just me or dont you think that DCF would have had time to finish their report and give it to the prosecution before the trial????? Or did they and we just never heard about it and no one reported it and this was the missing piece of the puzzle.

I dunno but it seems odd to me.

H

HaoZi

They wouldn't have been working on a report while it was technically an open homicide case.
At least I don't think they would have started one until the verdict was rendered.

keista

I jsut watched the press conference. Apparently that "Failure to protect was determined as early as July 2008. they only reopened the case because more information kept coming in due to the investigation, and they still have the determination of "Failure to Protect" Pretty much all this means is that if Casey ever has another child, DCF has the right and should be on her like 'white ion rice'

What bugs me about DCF is that they are not a charging agency. BUT if they have reason to believe a child is in danger, even if accusations are later found to be completely baseless, they can take your child from your home WITHOUT a court order, without warning, while they investigate. I seriously just don't get it.

DammitJanet

And yet again...Casey walks. not to even have neglect substantiated against her on her record...lol. I have that on my record and all my kids are alive!

donna723

... and you know what scares me silly now? There's really nothing on her record to even show that she was a bad mother! If she chooses to have more children, they probably won't be able to do a thing about it until one of them 'disappers' too!

BusynMember

As a foster mom, I got to see first hand how inept social services is. Just because a mother had allegations against her that were found to be true doesn't mean that CPS even knows when that mother has another child. I could tell you stories that would make your toes curl about CPS. Sometimes they take kids out of t he home with no proof that they should and sometimes they don't remove kids who are obviously being abused or neglected. I have no faith in CPS after the things I have seen.

KTMom91

Hubby has no faith in CPS either, after the boys were "removed from the home." They were 6 and 7 at the time, two difficult child wild boys who fought, climbed trees, jumped off roofs, crashed bicycles, skateboarded...you get the picture...and they had bruises. Hubby and the boys' mom went through he!! to get the boys back, and of course, the charges were unfounded.

H

HaoZi

Pretty much all this means is that if Casey ever has another child, DCF has the right and should be on her like 'white ion rice'

And only in Florida. And only if they notice. Considering their backlog and current gov's policy on getting rid of as many state employees as possible (almost to the point of breaking many state agencies)... yeah... don't see it happening. Too bad they can't legally sterilize her or prevent her from being a stepmom or babysitter.

donna723

MWM, that is EXACTLY why I decided not be become a foster parent after going through all the training, paperwork, home studies, etc. If those people are even half as difficult to deal with when you actually have a child in your home as they are when you're just going through the application process, it would be a nightmare!

H

HaoZi

If that gov has his way, FL will have no state agencies by the end of his term, because what's left will be too understaffed and inexperienced to get anything done.

donna723

Wasn't it Florida that completely lost a little five year old girl in the foster care system? They lost track of her and after a while they finally admitted that they had no earthly idea where the child was! Wonder if they ever located her?

H

HaoZi

They "lost" a number of kids (I'm sure every state has). There were a couple of cases similar to that there in a short time period about a decade ago (I think, time is iffy for me), and I know at least one was finally found too late to help her.

DammitJanet

Well good news is she may be SOL on being a day care provider or actually becoming a foster parent herself...because to become day care certified to accept day care money through the state, you have to have a clean DCF record....now she doesnt. Now if it would follow her state to state? I dunno.

BusynMember

It's worse. I know good people who lost all their adopted disabled children because one disturbed foster child made up false allegations of abuse. "They lock us in closets and dont' feed us!"
The children were gone for two years. the only reason they got them back was because the boy began to speak in a psychotic way, saying things like, "When I was in my room, the voices would tell me that the other kids are in the closet."
We quit foster care because CPS is so crazy. That story I just relayed is mild compared to some.