DDD - how are you doing?

Estherfromjerusalem

How's it going? I'm up to 4 weeks today, but I keep on sliding with an occasional one, about once every two or three days. Here in Israel you can buy one cigarette at a time at small shops and kiosks, and when I walk past, . . . .

Oh well. I find the best thing is when I say to myself "Just get through the next three or four hours, and then see where it takes you." It's not that I can't cope without the cigs, it's just that I want to spoil myself occasionally. Know what I mean??

How are you doing?

I'm thinking of you (and Dammit Janet too).

Love, Esther

DDD

You won't believe what I've done. Yikes! I don't believe what I've done!Come to think of it........I'm not sure I'm prepared to even share!Oh well, confession is good for the soul. At least that is what the Nuns used to tell us, lol.I picked up the end of one of husband's cigars five or six days ago. I hate the smell of a cigar. It actually makes me ill to smell it secondhand. BUT (excuse #1) I was afraid I might pick up a cigarette and I know I'm addicted to those AND (excuse #2) I had a positive biopsy result fromthe Dermatologist. The stress overtook my intellectual reasoning, lol.Yesterday the rushed results from the in office surgery came back with happy results. Thelab found no sign of cancer this time...hooray! I have not touched a cigarette...hooray!I have now puffed the same cigar for almost a week and those few yucky puffs seem to keep me from craving cigarettes. Yes, it's crazy but I'd be more embarrassed if I had to admit that I was back to two packs a day.Believe me I'm rootin' for you, too. DDD

DammitJanet

LOL DDD... Well I think you are telling us that there is no cancer right? But because you were so happy about no cancer you decided to pick up a cigar? Okay...I guess I see the logic?

I think I should send you one of my nicotrol inhalers!

Let me tell you, these things are magical! Tony says I look like some penguin? Im not sure which one because he is more into cartoons but oh well. Im at 4 days now and I have only used 12 catridges. My instructions were to use 6 to 16 catridges per day!

DDD

Janet, lol, I picked up the cigar after the hand surgery but before the positive results came backyesterday. No....I wasn't celebrating, just stressing!As weird as it sounds I see this as a viable short term solution to the no cig adjustment. I don't inhale these stinky things so it's kinda like having a "pacy" in my old age! Come to think of it I don't know which visual image is funnier. An old woman puffing on a fat stoogie or sucking a pacifier. Does your helper look weird? DDD

DammitJanet

It looks like a white cigarette holder with a half inch thing at the end that holds the cartridge. Its the size of a cigarette holder that some folks used to put them in...or..have you seen those thin cigars with the white plastic tips? Its the size of those around but shorter. I just change the cartridge when I cant feel anymore of the zing of the nicotine in my mouth.