Deadline March 4, 2009-Summer Camp Award Fund 2009

TheOnlyMe

Relentless Warrior Mom
http://www.chadd.org/Content/CHADD/Membership/SummerCampAward/default.htm

CHADD, thanks to the generous support of corporate and individual donors, is delighted to announce the continuation of the Summer Camp Award Fund for children with AD/HD. The program, open to children of CHADD members only, is designed to help parents or guardians afford the expenses associated with attendance at specialty summer camps. Awards, up to $8,000 each, are payable directly to the selected camp for tuition and fees and to the parent or guardian for related expenses.
Below are some frequently asked questions about the CHADD Summer Camp Award.

Who is eligible for the CHADD Award?
•Parent or Guardian applying must be a CHADD member
•Child must be diagnosed with AD/HD
•Camper must be between the ages of 6 and 21
•Camper must be willing and able to attend an eligible camp

How do I know if I am a current CHADD member and how can I locate my membership ID?
CHADD members receive Attention Magazine on a bi-monthly basis. If you have received a copy of Attention magazine recently, chances are that your membership is current. The easiest way to determine if you are a current member is to log in to the “members only" section of the CHADD website. Upon doing so, if you are a current member, you will see your CHADD membership ID. If you do not see a membership ID or encounter other issues, please contact Karen Peterson at (800)233-4050 X 104 and she will assist you. Please remember that the Summer Camp Award is open to children of CHADD members ONLY. If you need to join CHADD or renew your membership, please click here.;)

Marguerite

Those camps sound really great. A bit far away for us, though!

Our older kids went to Young Carers Camps, for kids who help care for a disabled family member. easy child met BF1 at the very first one of these camps, she was 14 and he was 15 at the time. I believe they will be the first wedding from the friendships formed at these camps.

easy child 2/difficult child 2 met BF2 at these camps also. They were the first ones engaged, I beleive. Not sure, thery may have been beaten to the punch.

BF2 is currently earning his young carer label at the moment, his father's just gone missing believed drinking while possibly BiPolar (BP). Because BF2 has been a camper on a number of occasions, he is much better equipped now to cope, because of all the support and strategies tat were put in place for these kids. A lot of the Young Carers are also difficult child themselves (because GFGness doesn't just run in families, it gallops!)

So for those of you in a position to take advantage of these camps - definitely worth checking out.

Marg

TheOnlyMe

Relentless Warrior Mom
You are welcome, I would love for mine to go but we are finally getting ESY services, this year so I am not sure what his schedule will be. I hope you get the scholarship and come back and give us a report!