dealing with mj withdrawal

She has reported being clean about one week and it is taking a lot of detatchment. she wants shopping sprees and would not go to do her ACT yesterday, was up two days with 5 hours of sleep. She stole a credit card Monday, had to cancel it and yesterday i held firm about the shopping sprees. She calls over and over and I do not answer the phone. Protecting myself is where I am at.
i will attempt to take her for her AcT test today and willnot answer phone calls if they are demands. I have managed to stay compassionate and non-reactive. I have offered to take her to NA and she goes to SA counselor on Friday.

T

toughlovin

Sounds like you are doing a great job.....I think it is a real balancing act to offer help you are willing to give and staying firm on not giving in or reacting to their demands.

lovemysons

Dear Compassion (by the way I love your name)
I think you are doing a good job protecting yourself/setting up boundaries.

It sounds like difficult child may be experiencing some breakthrough mania at this time given the stolen credit card and lack of sleep. I hope her doctor knows about this recent behavior and can make proper medication adjustment if needed.

Thinking of you,
Tammy

exhausted

Hang in there. Your doing the right thing. I agree, sounds like mania. Did she spend anything on your card before you cancelled? I would call the police and report it if she did. Did she go for her ACT?

Thanks :) No, I cancedlled it immediately. She has done the ACT (all four parts) and did community service this week. Taking her grocery shopping tomorrow (BA will be present) and then she has SA appointment.
I looked up mj withdarwal and it sounds like what she is expeerincing: al Occupational Therapist (OT) like mania: up for days, no appetite,etc. It said around 10 days for sx to get better and no drugs would help but exercise and sauna (we live in Fl. so just exercsing in afternoon would help sweat) Compassion

exhausted

Good-she has done some things. Does mj stand for marijuana? Sorry a bit ignorant. Only a few days left of withdrawal then and hopefully she'll feel better.