Death in our family...

DammitJanet

We are a pretty close knit group on the road I live on. In fact, if I look out my door probably 75% of the people I can see are somehow related to my kids and husband. Yesterday my husband's aunt (kids great aunt) was killed in an auto accident. husband's cousin Loretta was driving and had her mom and a niece in the car with her and she pulled out in front of another car.

This is a very unique group of people really. Sad in a way because of how things have played out. In the last several years we have lost out of that immediate family, two of the aunts adult kids and one of the grandkids.

The cousin is in the hospital with broken ribs and something wrong with her back...not sure yet. The niece who was born with water on the brain and some other physical problems was flown to UNC Chapel Hill and we really dont know much about her injuries yet. What we have heard is that they may have to put another shunt in her brain. She doesnt know her grandma is dead yet. She has lost her mom and her brother in the last couple of years. Her father isnt in the picture.

On a good note, everyone is pulling together in the area to take care of the uncle. Neither the aunt or the uncle are/were in good health and the uncle is quite sick. Not sure yet what they will do with him now.

Please keep this family in your thoughts. Its going to be rough for them.

TerryJ2

OMG. How tragic. So Loretta survived and has to deal with-all this info? I cannot even imagine.
Hugs for you ... and kudos to everyone who pulls together.

DammitJanet

Yeah...its hard to explain without names...lol. Ella Mae is my husband's aunt...actually half aunt because husband's mom and Ella Mae have the same father but different moms. Ella Mae had 2 boys and 3 girls. Loretta was the oldest girl.

The niece...Nestle (yes you read that right!) is the grand-daughter and her mom died a few years ago. Nestle's brother was my middle sons age and he died about 2 years ago. Neither Nestle or her brother were quite "right".

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

Oh, my! So sorry. Saying prayers for the girl and husband's aunt, and more for the family.

As for the sad family history, it's such a popular theme around here that I no longer think alot about it except how sad it is.

I hope Loretta and the girl recover quickly and without complications.

(((hugs)))

susiestar

Roll With It
Janet,

I am so sorry for your family's loss. I am glad to hear everyone is pulling together, this is a time when that is really needed.

I will keep you all in my prayers. Call me if you need to talk. If you lost the number PM me and I will call you. (I have way too many minutes to use. None of us talk on the phone much.)

Gentle hugs, and prayers,

Susie

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{{Janet}}} I am keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry for this tragic loss. I hope that everyone is able to pull together and heal.

Jena

i'm so sorry how tragic and sad. how wonderful though that they all pull together and take care of one another.

they will be in my thoughts tonight and i'm sorry for your and husband's loss.

jen

nvts

Janet, I'm so sorry to hear of this...if it isn't one thing, it's another.

God bless and keep them, I'll keep them in my prayers!

Beth