Death in the Family

DS3

Just wanted to post a quick note that I will not be on much for the next week or so. Besides it being the Holidays, we're headed back to NY on an emergency flight because my husbands dad passed away today. They don't know why. Perhaps we will know tomorrow as they were doing the autopsy tonight. His girlfriend walked into the house and found him. ~sigh~ Not exactly the reason to 'go home for the holidays', but at least we will be there (hopefully). They're debating on cremating him and holding a service after the start of the new year, or depending on what the state says, we may be headed out in the next day or so. I'll let you know.

~hugs~ And I actually liked my father-in-law!

DS3

lovemysons

I am so sorry to hear this will keep you and family in thoughts and prayer. Your father in law sounds like he was a really good man.
Hugs,
LMS

DS3

Thanks guys. My sister in law is meeting with the funeral director today around 1030 EST, and we'll know more then when we're headed home. I was up half the night (despite all of my medications which usually knock me out) with all of this stuff going through my head.

IE: what to pack, who's going to take care of the dog, I need to get food for the dog for whomever watches her, how much the flight is going to cost, things I meant to do and never got the chance to (like email dad recent photo's of the kids, or my husband who never got to tell dad he got promoted...), which appointments would need to be cancelled and re-scheduled, etc. etc.

So on two hours of sleep today, I am hoping to know more and get myself a nap this afternoon.

DS3

TerryJ2

Ohh, I'm sorry. I hope you and your husband and holding up all right. And his poor girlfriend. That must have been a huge shock.

Safe travels. And no worries about the board. We'll be here when you get back.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss.

Many warm gentle hugs and saying prayers for the whole family.

(((hugs)))

DS3

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's always harder during the holidays.

Where in NY are you headed?

Headed to the Rochester Area.

Thanks for everyone's condolences. They're going to hold the memorial service after the first of the year so as not to disrupt everyone's holiday. My hubby will go up next week to help start cleaning out the house. Then we will fly up for the service.