Death

M

ML

OMG. Coming back into work today was crazy. As I was praying in the car as I do every morning (that my higher power align me with His purpose for the day) my friend popped into my head and I just knew I had to talk with her to give her some support. As soon as I stepped off the elevator she was walking out the door. I told her that I had to talk to her and she started crying. Her mother in law died unexpectedly last night and she was her best friend. Then, I found out something horrific. One of the ladies I worked with was murdered by her boyfriend. Yes, he had a history of abusing her. She had three kids and one grandkid who was a year old. She was 33 (she had her daugther at 16 and her daughter also had a daughter at 16). He got her into the bedroom and barricaded the door. Her kids were in the house. She yelled to them to call 911 because he was going to kill her. And he did. He slit her throat and when the police came, stabbed himself. He is in critical condition. Fortunately the kids all belonged to her ex husband and not the boyfriend. Another lady passed yesterday that had complications to diabetes and she was 47. Michael and Farrah were icing on a surreal day.

Life is so fleeting and fragile. The recurring message that I get is to love with an open heart and to express love and friendship often.

I appreciate all of you so much. Thank you for accepting me into this family of amazing people who help me more than I can ever say. Thank you.

ML

klmno

That's horrible, ML! All this can only be taken as a reminder to appreciate each day we have and treat people like it might be the last time we ever see them, in my humble opinion, and make choices as carefully as possible.

I am so sorry to hear about the lady that was murdered, particularly. It is so sad that so many abused women never realize that things really could get to that point.

Try to sleep well tonite, in spite of a horrific day. Give Manster an extra hug, no matter what he has done this week. :)

Last edited:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I learned at a very young age how fragile life is and that you never know when it will be snuffed out of you or a loved one. It is a devastating lesson and I'm so sorry for your losses as well as those of your friends and their families.

I appreciate you and thank you as well.

Suz

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am so sorry for your heartbreaking day

Life can be so beautiful. Hold onto the beauty and remember we love having you in our lives as well.

DammitJanet

What a heartbreaking day.

I am having a hard time coming to grips with all the death this week myself. Even though they are famous people and not known personally it feels so real to me.

everywoman

It's been a hard week here as well. Life is so precious. I'm trying to remember to reach out every day to those I love and let them know. It is hard to watch death take those who have so much time left and it makes you wonder---what could they have done/been if only...My biggest fear in life is not death, it is dying and realizing at the last minute I had it all wrong...I hadn't done what I was meant to do.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow. That's alot to deal with at once. I'm so sorry you've had to deal with so much loss and sorrow this week.

((((hugs)))))