debt to income ratio

klmno

only considers mortgage, loans, and CC, but not housing expenses like utilities, car insurance, etc, correct??

Star*

call 911........call 911
Here's the thing that made NOOOooooooooo "cents" to me on that scene Daddy-o.

When they were considering my application? HAD I (and this is NO JOKE) been a member of a local country club and paid dues, or had HOA fees, or paid ridiculous amounts for my clothing allowance, or had a ridiculous car payment or bought my groceries at the richest store in town and imported pickled Herring from Sweden and caviar from Alaska? THAT counts.

But let me get on the phone and tell them....no, no, no....I live the frugal life...I drive a 20 year old car, I shop at the G&W boutique, and the Salvation Army for my clothes, I clip coupons for groceries, and use fuel perks for gas, I walk around in pajamas and chop wood for home fuel, and buy retread tires....and on and on to show them Im trying to keep my home and that I've SOLD everything I USED to have to off-set my income?

WHAM.....SORRY YOU DO NOT QUALIFY for the re-modification home loan experience. And then....wanna know the real BTICH? I made too much money for public assistance. AND want one even better? My credit was TOO bad to qualify for refinancing.

ROFLM broke A off.

So -----I barely got in under the wire....because I lost 1 day a week on my job....from October to Feb. ;) and THAT gave them the okey doke to allow me to qualify.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Here's the thing that made NOOOooooooooo "cents" to me on that scene Daddy-o.

When they were considering my application? HAD I (and this is NO JOKE) been a member of a local country club and paid dues, or had HOA fees, or paid ridiculous amounts for my clothing allowance, or had a ridiculous car payment or bought my groceries at the richest store in town and imported pickled Herring from Sweden and caviar from Alaska? THAT counts.

But let me get on the phone and tell them....no, no, no....I live the frugal life...I drive a 20 year old car, I shop at the G&W boutique, and the Salvation Army for my clothes, I clip coupons for groceries, and use fuel perks for gas, I walk around in pajamas and chop wood for home fuel, and buy retread tires....and on and on to show them Im trying to keep my home and that I've SOLD everything I USED to have to off-set my income?

WHAM.....SORRY YOU DO NOT QUALIFY for the re-modification home loan experience. And then....wanna know the real BTICH? I made too much money for public assistance. AND want one even better? My credit was TOO bad to qualify for refinancing.

ROFLM broke A off.

So -----I barely got in under the wire....because I lost 1 day a week on my job....from October to Feb. ;) and THAT gave them the okey doke to allow me to qualify.

Star*

call 911........call 911
oh hahah.....no incorrect. They consider all your expenses.

sorry.....mini rant from mini me.

klmno

LOL!! It's ok, thanks!! I'm in a rush to get to PO and get taxes in mail, along with other things.

klmno

Well, I guess I'm showing quite a bit of age and wear & tear. LOL!! The guy from Jr. High school was chatting away with me for hours for a few days in a row, until I posted my photos and I haven't heard a word from him since.

That was a kick in the gut!! Sure am glad I told him "no". :tongue:

busywend

It depends on what it is you are trying to figure out. Is it your net worth? Then, no you would not include those monthly bills.

To me my monthly bills are not debt unless I have not paid them in awhile.