December check-in

Wiped Out

Staff member
Ma Kettle-Thanks for the post (I'll take it as words of encouragement and a kick in the pants:)). I've been doing a good job with getting to boot camp and the health club. I've been eating mostly healthy (except the past weekend when we were out out of town). However, it isn't showing up much on the scale. In the past two weeks I lost .8 and then .6; very frustrating but I plan on sticking with the healthy lifestyle as much as possible!

Buddy-Yeah for you on the pants!! I love cooking Mexican! Come to Madison some time and we'll cook up a feast:)

Ma Kettle, Thanks for the kick in the pants!

buddy, Glad you joined us. Sounds like you're doing great! by the way, I love Mexican food too!

Sharon (WO), You're doing really well! I know how frustrating it is when those numbers you're hoping for don't show up on the scale right away, but I know you're going to see them soon!!

I did much better eating out Saturday night. The manager at the restaurant bought husband and I a dessert because of a mix-up with our order. I took it home in a take-out container. (Thanks Trinity!) I did OK with healthy eating until yesterday evening - Was angry/hurt by difficult child 1 and went directly to the kitchen... Today I'm back on track. I went to the exercise room yesterday and walked 4.5 miles varying the speed and incline. Today I did a combo walk, slow jog, but walked more than jogged. I did 3.20 miles. Hoping I make it back there tomorrow...

It really helps having support here. Thank you everyone! SFR

InsaneCdn

I know how frustrating it is when those numbers you're hoping for don't show up on the scale right away,

When it comes to weight loss... the measuring tape is more accurate than the scale.

Seriously.

If you're building muscle at the same time as losing fat, your weight may actually go UP before it comes down... but the size of your waistline will be going down.

Muscle weighs more than fat... the problem is NOT the "weight", its the "fat". I haven't met anybody yet who could build up THAT much muscle around the waistline!

KTMom91

My brand new pants are already loose. Guess I've lost more weight. Hubby says that when he hugs me, his arms go around me farther.

I made it to the exercise room both Monday and Tuesday. I'm catching easy child/difficult child 3's cold so I'm going to skip the treadmill and take it easy today. I'm not doing as well as I should be with healthy eating. My new goal during the holidays is just to not gain any more weight. After the holidays, I have to get super serious!! SFR

P.S. Mary, Way To Go!!

InsaneCdn

My new goal during the holidays is just to not gain any more weight.
SFR - if you can meet that goal, you will have done very well. Many formal diet programs strongly recommend not even trying to LOSE over the holidays... just don't gain if possible, because it makes for a better start to the new year.
Here's to a GOOD Goal!