Delusional Kanga

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Too bad about the longer processing time, but it sure sounds loads better than where she is now. The fact that your case worker is filing a complaint about the current facility says a lot -- this is definitely a good move on your part.

JJJ

Today's treatment call actually went very well. I think therapist is really getting a handle on Kanga. She said that she feels that Kanga is trying to be good so that she can get more freedom so that she can implement whatever plan she is devising to go AWOL and live with a boy. I agreed 100%. Caseworker told Kanga that she would need to return home at some point as her grant doesn't cover TLP. Idiot. Grant does cover TLP and even if it didn't that would not require her to return home.

Kanga called and I explained to her that her grant does cover TLP, just not this RTCs TLP program and we would worry about that once she earned enough trust to go to a TLP. Kanga, of course, thinks she should be trusted NOW cause she wants to be. She had a new argument today about why I am a bad mom and she should get to do whatever she wants....
....wait for it....
"Mom, you are not a Christian because you don't forgive me. If you were really a Christian, then you would forgive me whenever I make a bad choice and keep letting me do whatever I want to do."
:rofl:

It seems that she was not allowed to go to a birthday party at another unit. She blamed me. I told her that I didn't even know that they had parties at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and that it must be staff deciding that they would not be able to keep her safe. I pointed out that everytime she snuck away from staff that the staff got in trouble and that, just like last time, staff might not be willing to risk their jobs to take her to a birthday party.

TerryJ2

"Mom, you are not a Christian because you don't forgive me. If you were really a Christian, then you would forgive me whenever I make a bad choice and keep letting me do whatever I want to do."

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaah!!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
WOW. She sure seems to have some pretty interesting ideas about what it means to be a Christian.

I wish the nuns who ran my elementary school had the same concept of Christian forgiveness!!!

JJJ, how do you keep from either screaming in frustration or laughing out loud before you end the call?? I admire your restraint.

cubsgirl

On one hand, I feel so bad for Kanga to not have a grasp on reality and dealing with her mental illness,

On the other hand - your post about her views on Christianity had me laughing very much out loud.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ya think it's time to hit her with that little Bible diddy on the Mother who was gonna chop her baby in half? no.no.no.no...too harsh.

eeeeeeeesch.

I guess you could always confess today that you have converted to Jehovas Witness and that's why there will be no more birthday parties?

I dunno - I'm outta ideas here, and totally trying not to offend any faiths.

H

HaoZi

I'm sure you'll be more forgiving when she's legally responsible for her own behaviors. Or you could tell her if she's going to take that route she needs a better understanding of "Spare the rod and spoil the child."