Demon dog Chester has been tamed!

mstang67chic

Going Green
I've stumbled on a way to keep him still!

I'm not one to dress dogs because it's "cute"...blech. But...Chester has such short hair that I figure he is going to need something this winter when it gets really cold. I know he won't be out long but it still seems like it would be a bit TOO cold for him so I bought him a little sweater. He looks pretty sharp in it too....it's a turtle neck, dark blue with a green stripe around the neck. I've put it on him a couple of times so far to introduce it to him but didn't leave it on long. This time, I decided to leave him in it for a while. He's shivering a bit because I'm stubborn and haven't turned the heat on yet (and the guy hasn't come yet to inspect the furnace) so I decided to put it on him.

:rofl:

He was sitting on my bed when I put it on. He lay there for a minute then jumped down, walked out of the room and sat just outside the door.

He's still there.

I got clothes out of the dryer and folded them.

He's still there.

I put the load of towels from the washer into the dryer.

He's still there.

I gathered up a basket full of clothes and threw them in the washer.

He's still there.

I sat down to write this.

He's still there....although now he's laying down but still in the same spot. But you know what? He's not shivering!

Lothlorien

That sweater is cute on him. I think he's insulted that you put it on him. My dog hates when I put her Christmas dress on. (It's the only time I ever do it). I do have a little fleece coat for her when it get really cold out. She hates it too, but I clip her fur pretty short, so she needs something, especially when the wind can get to -15 degrees sometimes.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Roflmbo! I love it. It's an adorable sweater and an adorable Chester. Maybe he has been cold so running around keeps him warm.

I'd so love to put a Harley Davidson leather jacket on Cowboy but I'm pretty sure I would be then stamped with "lost her mind" across my forehead. I have cowboy hats but they don't care for them. So I humor myself with holiday collars. LOL. Cowboy is so reserved that I would love for him to loosen up a bit but I'm not sure a Harley jacket is the way to do it. LOL.

Enjoy Chester's new found self control. I love the sweater.

susiestar

Roll With It
We had a male dog adopted from a rescue group. We were too rowdy a family for him, so he didn't stay long with us.

While we had him we called a dog trainer to help us learn how to make him behave.

She had us put shirts on him, even on warm days. NOT hot days though. The shirts and sweaters made him feel more secure, somehow safer. He would stop running around like mad and would actually sit or lay down for part of the day.

The sweater may meet some need Chester has for that type of stimulation. Just like some kids need to be wrapped up in a blanket with deep pressure.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Auntie Becky -

Hims wook wike he goes to Notre Dame. A college man!!! I wubs him. When he gits a letter - maybe I gets his pin? :redface:

~Princess Gwitter Britches.

Lament of princess Pootie

OMG I didn't think he could get ANY more adorable......but OMG.....

Fran -I think you should get custom made leather jackets for both the boys...lol WHo cares if you've lost your mind? :tongue:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Its too cute!

After our beloved 110pound fully trained hunting lab died, I got a 10 pound foo-foo dog. As if that wasn't bad enough (I am apparently not a foo-foo dog kind of person) the dog had severe allergies and a skin condition and lost all her hair. difficult child 1's girlfriend at the time just coudln't stand to look at the dog, so to make her less unsightly, I put a dress on her.

Now the dog has an entire wardrobe. The kids buy toddler clothes at garage sales and I modify them for the dog.

And every winter, she truly enjoys her clothes.

Welcome to the world of freaks who dress up their dogs....:rolleyes:

Fran, if I ever run across a Harley coat at a garage sale, we'll just set Cowboy right up...

KTMom91

I used to put sweatshirts (from the toddler dept at Woolworth's) on my Lhasa Apso. Fred hated to be brushed, so unless I kept his fur short he looked like a walking knot. I also bought him a Hawaiian shirt, and he wore a bandana instead of a collar. This was in the 80's.

Had I known this trend would take off, I would have made millions.

by the way, I can't get Buddy into a sweater. We DID get him into a dragon Halloween costume, but he refused to wear the headpiece.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Chester looks wonderful in his sweater. Nichole got one similar for her new puppy cuz she has awfully short fur and was shivering alot. Hers acts like she's spent her life in clothing. lol

Fran, I'd love to see Cowboy in a Harley jacket! We would never think you're crazy.

Donna.......LOL at the pics.

Molly was subjected to much dressing up by Nichole as a young dog. She doesn't mind it at all. Actually likes it. Gets her nose out of joint at xmas time if I don't get her xmas collar out for her to wear. (red and white velvet with jingle bells) And goes into a snit when I try to remove it after xmas to put it away again. Since Betsy was born into the family she has a matching collar. lol

If you pull out a bandanna........Molly will come running tail wagging, big grin on her face, eyes all lit up. :)

Molly doesn't know she's a dog. :D

donna723

Fran, they also make World War II style brown 'leather' bomber jackets for dogs! Wouldn't he look great in that!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE

I had a 12+ hour day at work today.

I needed this thread.

Thank you.

'Stang, gotta love Chester all macho'ed up. lol

Donna, that second picture looks like a frilly Marge Simpson. :rofl:

Thanks, girls!

Suz

mstang67chic

Going Green
OMG, those pictures were great! LOL

Chester finally moved....went back on my bed. When I took the sweater off of him, I fully expected him to run through the house. He surprised me again. He shook, got a look on his face that said "FINALLY!" and then leaned against me for the longest time as if to say "Thank you Mom, Thank you!" I think he thought it was some sort of punishment.

DammitJanet

I keep wanting to go buy outfits for my little dog but every time I go I want to buy the pink things. Tony has to remind me that the dog is a BOY! I guess that I forget because he is tiny and white...lol. Just seems that pink matches better. Of course my dog has so much fur he doesnt need a coat...lol.